hello guys. I was diagnosed with stomach ulcers. it is really painful, I can't tell you. sometimes I can't stand this pain, but what to do. I am trying to do everything that I can to "kill" that pain. but, still I am going out with my friends and I just can't avoid alcohol. I am not drinking too much, I drink one glass of wine, but it seems that this is not good at all for me. every time after I drink a glass of wine, just ONE, I notice a blood in the stool. is this because of the alcohol? do I have cancer? 

If you have this symptom, a blood in stool after drinking, that doesn't have to mean that you are sick or similar. It can only mean that something went wrong, such - alcohol is not for you or you have eaten something that was not good in the combination with alcohol. You can do the simple test - stop with alcohol for a while, and wait to see will this happen to you again. If it doesn't happen, you are OK. Sure, you should always control your body and your organs in order to prevent some disease, in this case - there is no exception. 

Celebrity

Hi there. My sister has the same issue and she did so many tests and nothing. But, whenever she drinks a glass of wine, she is feeling strange... she has diarrhea and very often there is a blood in her stool. Of course, at the beginning, she believed that this is is just a wine color, but it started to happen like all the time. But, nothing. Tests are OK, and she is going all the time to the doctors to see what this is. So, what she should do? She is scared and tests snows nothing...but it has to be something...

Hey, I think that there is no need to be scared. It happened numerous times in my case, but I am dealing with it successfully. I mean, I fight it, I am drinking no more since I am having so many therapies. Anyway, I would definitely suggest you eat more fruits and vegetables, slippery elm foods, dairy products, salt and salty foods that day when you noticed the blood in your stool. This may chase it away. Of course, I don't think that I need to mention that you really should do everything to avoid alcohol. Even that one glass of wine...

It definitely can be because of the alcohol, but it also can be of the medicines that you are using as well. I mean, if you are using some of the medicines ( and I believe that you do), it is a little bit silly decision to combine alcohol and medications, right? It doesn't matter are we talking about one glass or whole bottle. Maybe I am overreacting about this, maybe I am coward, even if I don't consider myself as a coward, but when you have stomach issues, everything can hurt your stomach. Be aware of this thing. And I think that every test can show why you have this pain - is it because of the alcohol, pills or something else.

Celebrity

Yes, but ulcers are some types of sore, that actually can develop in the lining of the digestive tract. I do know that the Most ulcers are caused by infection or it can occur as an unwanted side-effect of certain medications. so it is very important to tell your doctor were you using some medications or not, it doesn't matter was it before or after you drink that glass of wine. I was telling you before about my sister, who had the same issue. Well, a doctor told this to her and she was using some painkillers for some other pains. That was the main reason, not the alcohol. 

hello there, I strongly believe that wine has so little to do with it or almost nothing. why am I saying this? because I had this problem and the only reason why I felt this pain, why I saw this blood in my stool for one day were the painkillers that I was using to treat a really huge headache that I had a couple of days before that. sure, like many of you I were scared about this whole situation, even if I knew that light red blood cannot be that dangerous, but you can never be careful enough. immediately I went to see my doctor, he tried to calm me, we did tests and he told me to stop using those medications for a couple of days, to see what is going to happen and this blood was gone.

Hello there. I think that you are dealing with gastric ulcers, which appear in the stomach lining as you already know. Well, generally when we are talking about the lining and alcohol, generally the lining is a problem for all of those people who drink excessively. One glass of wine can't harm you so much, but generally, a lot of alcohol can lead to inflammation and increases the risk of an ulcer developing. Drinking alcohol can also interfere with the healing process of ulcers, but also, one more time, you need to be aware that one glass of wine can't cause this.