we've done similar things before: coupons, store brands over name brands, Second-hand versus New.

what is one thing that you do, as silly as it is, because you just can't bring yourself to spend the money on that product or service?

Me? I make my own pancake syrup. I also have 2 gallons of wine fermenting now (but this is a new hobby/frugality)

so how cheap are you?

I'm so cheap that I'll drink the left-over milk from a bowl of cereal because I can't see wasting it.

Why would anyone throw away good milk? Specially if it has sugar in it. Yum, yum.
Mother always said, waste not, want not.

I re-use ziploc bags! (but I waste my cereal milk)

I will not buy anything that I can do myself.
I am so cheap, i refused to let Ranger buy me a shaker bottle for my protein. I use a mason jar.

not sure if its the same, but i wont buy anything (clothing) at full price when i know it will be on clearance in few weeks... particularly at target, i will wait untill the last possible markdown to buy it.

I try to be pretty frugal when it comes to groceries and clothes, etc....always looking for a sale or deal...but when it comes to electronic gadgets like speakers, subwoofers, receivers, dvd players, etc...I am a bad boy, although I shop for deals on that stuff too....

You have no idea how cheap I can be. But then I don't feel guilty when I splurge, which is often.

I'm cheap on the little things. Then go big on big things like presents and vacations.

How cheap am I?

A summer storm blew down some large branches from my maple tree. I hauled out the chainsaw and turned the mess into firewood. Burned some of it last night.

That cheap.

only with ligthts and stuff on at home. I am always shutting stuff off around here.

About the only other thing is that when I buy water bottles, I reuse for about a week. I have filtered water at home so I know the water is good.

That's cheap? I thought that was just being resourceful. I do that too.
I'm cheap on bike helmets. I find that the ones that cost ~$30 fit mo' bettah than the ones that cost >$100. They're all CPSC certified, so it's not a safety issue.

I really try not to be cheap.

My Mom and Dad are the King and Queen of cheap, and I totally hated it growing up.

That being said, my kids wear a lot of second hand clothes from relatives and stuff. We buy a large amount of generic groceries too.

However, we only cut corners when we have to, we're not super tight with our money. (Maybe we should be.)

No offense hon, but perhaps you should thank them.
My son has no idea was goes on behind the scenes for us to make it month to month.

Well, the question was about how cheap I am and that's about it. That's not to say that I throw money away or anything. :D And if a no-name product is just about indistinguishable from the name brand AND there's a big difference in price, I'll buy the no-name. There really is a difference between being cheap and being thrifty...defined: spending money in a sensible manner.