I have just started taking cymbalta and I am a RN. I read the warnings about alcohol, however I do enjoy a glass or two of wine on the weekends when I entertain or go out with friends. Can I safely have a few glasses a week? I certainly don't want to have liver damage. After a long stressful week a glass or two really is enjoyable. I am not a heavy drinker, but I am not sure I am completely willing to not drink at all. Please reply as I need to know.
Thanks

It probably depends on how much you're on and how much wine you drink. I'm on 40mg a day, and I've had up to 2 glasses of wine on a night and not felt much of a side effect. However, if I have even one hard liquor drink, that effects me negatively. I don't drink hard alcohol anymore. Wine and beer, 1 or 2 in a day, are typically fine.

The times I over did it a little, the negative effects, for me anyway, are feeling anxious, depressed, or angry--either while the alcohol is wearing off or the following day.

If I were you, I'd try a half a glass of wine, see how you feel, and if it's okay try a whole glass, then 1.5. But I don't recommend more than 2 glasses in a 24 hour period.

I am not worried about being a alcoholic, but like you I enjoy an occasional glass of wine. However I want to know I am not going to be damaging my liver. What to do? Do you think it prudent to have occasional liver tests? Also, I am a coffee drinker.....Think that's ok?