I used to read the paper every single day ever since I was 5. My father would read to me, and later on I would read to myself. Usually I stuck to comics, but when I got bored, I would get into politics and other areas. It really helped me with my literacy as a child. Now, though, I use the internet for just about everything. Do you still read the paper? I think it's a waste of resources now. What do you think?

I usually read the news online now. The local paper is no longer delivered in my area so I'd have to go out and get one myself. It's now worth the effort, or the hassle of recycling it.

I used to read it every day too.

If I'm at a place that has a copy, I will read it, but mostly just to occupy myself.

medic-dan, I totally forgot about even going out to buy them or lack of delivery. Where I live, there's an overabundance of dailies, tabloids, and papers so I see dozens on my way to work. But there's very few facilities to actually recycle them. And it's strange to think that there's still so many papers being printed when now you can read papers on a smartphone for free and it's more environmentally friendly too. Hopefully people make the switch soon.

I don't read the printed paper at all. The ones that are delivered, free I guess, just sit in my driveway until I notice them. Then I just drop them into the recycling bin. I think that it's a waste of paper. Why do people bother with the hunting process involved with papers when they can get a menu and direct links online? It's a real mystery to me. Maybe it's nostalgic or something. I grew up with family that wouldn't miss reading the newspaper. It seemed like a ritual that real adults should do. I'm not sure why I didn't get that bug. I think that I have also developed a need to avoid the news because so much of it is bad.

I do read paper but not every day. Usually when I go and grab a cup of coffee with friend, we have tradition just to go pretty fast through them. See the headlines and some funny stuff. But most of the news I read online. Even sometimes if I don't want to read, I go and watch video news. I think that news papers in few years will definitely stop existing.

My husband is a faithful paper reader, which he reads cover to cover. Sometimes if he gets home to late in the evening, he will just go to bed, but in the morning, he reads both the papers. I will read them on occasion, especially if a headline catches my eye, bit normally i read Ann Landers, i check out the weather page and the obits. I keep up with things on the internet.