What are the factors that can affect quality of your blood (hematologic)? I know the facts about fats and sugar. What vitamins are good for blood? I wanted to donate blood and it happened that my blood was not good enough to be donated to sick person. It was not about that I have disease, just something about haemoglobin’s quality. I’m 22 years old, girl.

Anemia due to deficiency in iron is easily detected by routine blood tests. So iron is the most important mineral for blood. Folic acid and vitamin b12 have role in quality of blood because take part in synthesis of blood cells. Also vitamin k is important for coagulation. Low level of iron and haemoglobin may occur in people that don’t eat enough of red meat, eggs, liver, fish or vegetables rich in this mineral like broccoli are. And women are likely to have lower level of haemoglobin in plasma than men.