In your Facts about Vitamin K you say that it is found naturally in cereals and dairy products. Can you be a bit more specific about what type of cereal and dairy products. What quantity of dairy procuct (eg fat free yoghurt) will I need to consume daily for the Vitamin K in the yoghurt to have a significent effect on my blood INR results.

Sally Collett
**edited by moderator**

It's my opinion that your best bet for finding vitamin K is in green leafy vegetables. Those are loaded with vitamin K and chlorophyll. The best sources are, in order: kale, spinach, collard greens, swiss chard, turnip greens, mustard greens, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, parsley, and romaine lettuce.

Apples, Asparagus, Beans-green, Beef- mince,Beef-liver, Broccoli,Cabbage, Carrots,Cauliflower,Lettuce,Milk, cow's,Milk, cow's-skim,Oranges,Peas, Potatoes,Soya beans,Strawberries,Wheat bran are also rich in Vitamin -K.
And the best source is Sunlight.
I would also like to add the importance of Vitamin K. Its the clotting vitamin, because without it blood would not clot. Some studies indicate that it helps in maintaining strong bones in the elderly.