Hello, folks. My friend is obsessed with orthomolecular medicine and he is constantly talking about it. I would like to know something more about it. Is there any link to xenobiotic medication? I would appreciate if someone could tell me something more about it. Thank you for all your replies. Bye!

Hi, there. This is an interesting question. Xenobiotics are substances that are found in organism, but shouldn’t be normally present there. Organism cannot produce xenobiotics. For instance, drugs like antibiotics are xenobiotics. Organism cannot produce them, nor they are regular part of one’s diet. I think that orthomolecular medicine does not use xenobiotics. This discipline insists on the substances that are natural for organism. You can consult an expert on this matter. I hope I’ve helped. Bye!

Hello, guys. I have heard about orthomolecular medicine. They insist on vitamins, minerals and amino acids in the diet. Most of these substances can be produced in organism. The trick is to know the exact level of all of them. This balance is different for each individual. I would guess that they do not use xenobiotics. If you find out something more, please let us know. Bye!

Hi, there. I would agree with the previous posts. I think that orthomolecular medicine excludes xenobiotics. Nevertheless, orthomolecular psychiatrist does not completely exclude antipsychotics. Xenobiotic substances are mostly blockers. Their therapeutic and toxic levels are the same. Orthomolecular substances are mostly facilitators. Their therapeutic levels are lower than toxic. I hope this helps. Bye!