I'm a 19 year old female and I have this odd pain while urinating, it only hurts when I start peeing and when its coming to an end. I'm waiting to get insurance through my new job but its taking to long and the pain seems to be getting worse. This has been going on for three weeks and I'm positive it isn't STD. Can anyone help me?

It could be a urinary tract infection or kidney infection. If it is, the doctor would most likely treat both problems with an antibiotic. Most likely amoxicillin. Hope this helps you!

Hello there,

It is very bad that you don’t have insurance and I hope this will get resolved very fast because you should visit your doctor as soon as possible. It is most probably urinary tract infection because your symptoms are among the most common ones with this condition.

Also you can’t treat this without medications and the usual treatment option is drinking antibiotics. Unfortunately you can’t buy these without doctor’s prescription so you don’t need to go to the pharmacy. And there is no other over the counter medication which is effective as for example amoxicillin.

Meanwhile the only thing you can do is to increase intake of the fluids, especially water into your organism. This can help to wash out a bacterium which is causing the UTI.