i am 19 yrs old and frm d past 2 days i m experiencing strong burning sensation whenever i urinate.especially in d mornings wen i woke up and urinate the pain is excessive.i masturbuate frequently.is this the reason?plz suggest!!

It's probably a urinary tract infection.

You'll need to see your doctor and they'll probably take a urine sample. The usual treatment is antibiotics.

Best get it treated as they can get worse and spread to the bladder and kidneys.

Hope that helps, let us know how you're doing.

I agree with medic-dan. It is not very difficult to get treatment for it and it should clear up in no time. Can you tell us what your doctor says and what the treatment is? I'd like to make sure you're doing okay. Thanks!

Hello there,

I agree with the earlier posters and I believe that you have been suffering from urinary tract infection. You will need to confirm this by visiting your doctor. He will do urine tests and urine analysis to determine the right diagnosis. After the diagnosis you will be prescribed the antibiotics, usually Bactrim and Amoxicillin are the most popular ones.

You will need to drink the entire course of antibiotics because this is prevention. If you stop after the symptoms get weaker (this usually happens after two days) you are risking that UTI comes back again.

Also, if you continue to have the same problems you can try to use cranberries products because I have heard it helps with prevention of UTI.

i agree with medic-dan.. should get it looked at by a doctor.. also try drinking more water that sometimes will cause painful urination as well. hope this helps..