Please, can somebody answer on my question. I have a big problem with urinary incontinence. I don’t know exactly what the cause of it is. I did some analysis but I still need to do some more. Meanwhile I got urinary tract infection. And now I’m using antibiotic. Could incontinence lead to UTI? Thanks!

Hi! I know for sure that incontinence may be warning sign of a urinary tract infection. Last time when I had UTI my only symptom of it was incontinence. It can be very annoying. But I also heard that incontinence increases your risk of repeated UTI. So you should treat your primary problem.

Hello there dulcy,

One of the main symptoms of urinary tract infection is incontinence. Some symptoms that follow this one are frequent urination, back pain and sometimes even blood in your urine.

After your doctor do urine test and analysis he is sure what is in question (like urinary tract infection in your case) and he can prescribe you medications, in your case antibiotics, to treat the infection.

Since you will do some additional tests you will know for sure what is going on in a few days and until then it would be wise to follow the doctor’s instructions. Drink antibiotics and a lot of fluids and you will be fine in a few days.

Keep us posted and get well.