so i had sex with my boyfriend safe sex meaning we used a condom on the 1st of this month. im not suppose to get my period till the 10,11,12,13 so i was looking up ways to make your period come faster i saw where if u have sex or masterbate it will help your period come on so i did the masterbateing so after i was done i i went to the bath room and saw blood in my under wear. so i put a pad on but when i check again later it had stop but then i check again a while later and im bleeding but normally when i get my period its heavy but it just a lil light but i dont know is this my period coming on ause later on in the day i stared cramping really bad. i had sex 0n the 1st which was safe sex used a condom but im not on brith control but im not suppose to get my period till the 11,12,13,14 to day is the 8th? is it ok for my period to come on early and do it help to have sex to make your period come on. i dont think im pregnant cause the condom didnt break or leak and is it ok to keep having sex and not be on brith control

If sex and masturbating made periods come on faster, then some women would have period cycles measured in hours, or days, not four weeks, so the short answer is no, barring divine intervention or bizarre research, I have never seen, heard or even heard anyone imagine that sex or masturbation can make a period come on faster.

In fact the only scientific or observed modification of periodic cycle that I have heard is that in Kibbutzim, the closed, tight-knit, Israeli-Jewish enclave communities, they noticed that women's cycles slowly synchronised over time. If true, it does make a bizarre sort of sense: can't be much fun watching Lotta over the way flirting with your man, all hot, while you're down with cramps: synchronising is nature's way of saying 'hands off my man' - if true.

Sex can definitely delay a period however, or stop it entirely, and maybe wherever you heard that, was some bizarre rumour-reversal of this common fact: sex is a great way of stopping periods, if you don't mind being pregnant in the bargan.

It is also ok to have sex without birth control, if you don't mind having a baby.

Even if you do practice birth control, it is contraception, or birth-risk-avoidance, not birth control, in the sense that no 'control' is absolute: the pill is the safest, but even if that is 99% safe (I seem to recall closer to 97%) then in a country the size of US, with say 40 million (1 in ten, a guess) active people having sex, and say 10 million practising practicing contraception via the pill, that is still 100,000 babies every year that are unexpected or slip by - and that is the 'safest' form of contraception.*

* I have just drawn up hypothetical figures to show that in a large population, a small percentage is still a lot of people.

So basically, you have been responsible in using a condom, and yes, a condom is a recognised form of 'birth control' - it is just not the 'birth conrol pill' aka 'the pill'.

Even with the pill, or condom, or pill plus condom, timing, pulling out, whatever, the only way to ensure you never have a baby is to never have intercourse (male penetration of the vagina) **

** I disregard her bizarre and exceptional causes and remedies (surgery, IVF, etc) and refer only to normal sexual practice (for pleasure) between young couples

Timings in periods are also not absolute - you will know your body's cycle better than anyone else.

- bottom line: if in doubt, go to a clinic; check out the specifications of home pregnancy tests, if you want to take one yourelf (clinic ultimately is the 'approved' way to get an 'official' answer), and see how soon you can take one, after you are 'late'

And final word: we have gone to great lengths to cheat nature - having the pleasure without the responsibility: don't be surprised if nature occasionally slips one past us, and gives us back the responsibility when we really only wanted the pleasure.

Pregnancy keeps the human race alive - it's just life.

Wow... Masturbating, and sex won't speed up, or get rid of a period. You're probably spotting cause you tore your hymen having sex. Your cycle is gonna be off balance now that you're having sex, if you try to track it, it may come a few days early, or late, sometimes even a week or two late, or early. The cramping is also from the sex. If you're so worried about being pregnant, get birth control, or spermicidal lubricated condoms, although neither are 100% effective. Please, save the world a favor, and don't reproduce for a while

Wow you are a total smart ass. leave this poor girl alone.

The first comment is a smart ass.

I get what u mean.. Whenever I'm due for my period and I'm either bleeding lite or not at all.. I have sex with my husband & sure enough I'm bleeding normal.. Weird.. I know :)

Yes it can I am a woman who love sex had a baby and I do mast.... but the other day my friend with benefits who is not small at all we had sex an the next day I had my period which I am on with the cramps I don't suppose to get it til the 5th and it's still September so yea this should be a answer if the man is big and ya'll are having rough sex yes this is my second time one time I had sex so much I didn't see my period for two months and I had a scare because the test said positive but it was false thank you God since then condoms condoms condoms it's not 100% protection because that 1% or that 5% that can still slip through the condom can get u pregnant how I know I'm in medical school so deuces