I have been having kidney problems ever since I was a little kid. I had a congenital anomaly which was manifested with the narrow kidney channels. As a result of that, I have increased risk of kidney stones occurring. Doctor recommended a surgery for eliminating the narrowed part and inserting a stent. Will putting a stent increase the kidney stone pain?

By putting a stent, your condition should be improved, and the pain should be gone. Stent creates a normal volume of the kidney channels and thus eliminates the possibility of accumulation of the mineral material which leads to creation of the kidney stones. So you should say yes to the treatment, it is a standard operation and you should be fine when it is done.

Hello there Dean,

First of all I am so sorry that you have so many troubles with your kidneys. They are important part of our organism and when they are not working properly we are not function as we should.

Since daveen has explained the most important things about stent and your kidney problems I hope that you are satisfied with his answer. Also, this would be very helpful in your case. Dealing with the pain caused by kidney stones can be very difficult and since you have more reoccurrence of the same it would be best to listen to your doctor and get this procedure done.

Quality of your life will be highly improved and you will be dealing with your kidney problems a lot easier.