I had a left kidney/ureter stent removed on Thursday. How long does the crampy pain on the left side and the urgency/burning when going to the bathroom last? Anything to help speed it up?

I am guessing that drinking lots of fluid may help speed up your healing.

Had my stent removed today, boy was that not joyful. It feels like a strong burning sensation and also like you might urinate on the doctor. It may take a minute to recover mentally afterwards. Not bad, have been experiencing some stabbing pains on same side of stent (although _I've read that it's sort of normal...) hope it stops soon, the vicodins have me constipated enough.

i just had a kidney stent put in me and i was put to sleep for it but when they take the stent out do they put you to sleep or keep you awake?

awake exit point hurts for 3 days.. no vicidin used

Greeaatt, I have to have a stent removed, said it takes about 30 seconds... didn't realize how uncomfortable its going to be.. scary!!!!

Stent removal is not a picnic, but need not be a terrifying experience.

The procedure starts off with the nurse washing your genital areas to prevent infection during the procedure.

Next the Dr will insert a small syringe into the urethra and push some numbing agent/lube in.

This can have a slight burning sensation but its no biggy and will subside quickly.

Now the scope is inserted into the urethra and the bladder filled with saline (water) to allow good visual on the stent

Once the stent is located, the gripping tool will be inserted into the scope and the assistant will follow the Drs instructions to "Open" and then "Close"

Once the stent is captured, the scope and the stent and removed quickly.

some stents are left with a string attached. These can be pulled out easily and with far less sensation than using a scope to go find it.

Following the procedure, don't be supprised to get some bladder/kidney spasms and some pain.

The pain can be intense at times, but your Dr can give you meds to help.

Be sure to ask for some meds just in case you get the spasms.

Do not fear the stent removal, it will make life far better in a short time.

Good luck to all who are dealing with these things

Snowy

Did they put you to sleep because I have the same thing.