Hello! I have hydronephrosis which is caused because of kidney stones. My doctor told me that surgery will be best solution, so, I have accepted that. Now, I want to know will I have some restriction after this surgery. He also mentioned that he will put stent into my kidney. Explain me why, please. Thanks!

Hello! First of all, you will have not any restriction after this surgery. Second of all, your doctor will insert stent in your kidney because it will act as a support. Namely, stent will drains urine from your kidneys to your bladder. Before he insert you stent, he will give you general anesthetic. Do not be worried, it will take it out after three weeks. And for this, he will give you local anesthetic.

Hello there,

Since artur has explained to you all you need to know about this procedure I hope that you are happy and satisfied with the answer, also you should be aware that your doctor has probably suggested surgery because of the size of your kidney stones or otherwise he would tell you to go home and wait until kidney stones pass on their own so maybe the procedure isn’t that bad option at all. I am aware that you are afraid but don’t be because there are so many people who were under this procedure and they are just fine.

Also you should have, after the procedure, fewer problems with reoccurance of the kidney stones. I hope that you will be fine.