I just had a ureterscopy to remove a kidney stone three days ago.  They inserted a stent.  I have had kidney stones before but have never gone through this procedure.  I have been through a lithotripsy a few times.  There is pain every time I urinate.  I am wondering if this is due to the stent.  Also, I am terrified of having it removed from what I have read.  Is it unreasonable to request to have anesthesia to cover the pain involved?  What can I expect after the stent is removed?

Haven't had mine removed yet, but can tell you YES, the pain when urinating is from the stent & your urethra contracting around it. Don't worry if you even pee out what looks like blood clots. I find it helpful sometimes to dampen a piece of toilet paper under the cold tap & press that against my urethra as i pee