I was receintly diagnosed with kidney stone. 5 months after this I woke up in the middle of the night in pain and when checked at the hospital I was tild my kidney stone was causing blockage and I needed to have it removed. I then had lazer surgery to remove the stone but part wway through the operation the stone moved and the surgen had to place a stent to prevent the stone from moving while I waited for ultrasonic operation. After all operations were complete I was in pain which was excellerated when driving a car or even sitting for periods of time.
I was then if for 3 weeks before I felt well enough to return back to work.
Even today 3 months later I am still uncomfortable and have been told I have a second stone of the same size 10mm.
Has anyone else been through such pain after either of these operations and do you know if this will go away.

Please help as I do not know how much longer I can go on feeling like this.[/url]

I know this message is late, but it may help other people. I to had to have a kidney stone removed and a stent put in. After the surgery in was in pain for about six months, and have had pian from time to time in the same spot for about six years. I was told that this is somewhat normal. It is like a photam pain in a way. The doctors do not know why this happens. The pain feels like passing a kidney stone only not as intense. It comes and goes. Some times it will last 5 mins and sometimes 6 weeks. I never know when it will come or go, or how long it will last. I have gone a year without the pain then have it come back. So if anybody else gets this pain trust me you are not crazy.

just wondering if your pain ever left? i just had my 2nd
lazer stone removal surgery this time they got 2 stones at one time. I personally have been passing stones since i was 20. I have passed 15 stones in total. And the only time i hurt is when another stone reaches a uriter tube. as of now my cat scan showed the two stones in the left side which got removed and the left side is showing to have a few stones in it. i guess you could say im somewhat a vet at passing stones. this is inherited in my family, out of 13 aunts and uncles 7 of them have passed stones one in which has a pill bottel full and two of my cousins have stones.

I just had lazer stones removal and 2 stents 3 weeks ago this is my 4th time and im 32 years old i will have to take a med the rest of my life so that i dont form them and yes it is very pain full i would get hot throw up and just cri thats how vad the pain is

I had two stones removed at two different times. I am still in pain. I had a cat-scan done and x-rays they found nothing. The pain is getting worse. Not as bad as the stone passing but it definitely makes me unable to work. I don't know what's going on but I can't live like this. :-(