came off patch almost 2 weeks ago 25mcg cold turkey still taking 4-5 percocet a day still having withdrawl symptoms not as bad as at the beginning just anxiety all the time occasional sweats restlessness and stomach disturbances called the drug co..they have no clue how long this will last live in canada no suboxone available here taking very small dose of ativan when the anxiety gets really bad any suggestions on how long this will last

When coming off the patch, I belioeve you said 50mcg's. Increasing percocet will not help the withdrawals. They are very different opiates and hit different brain receptors. That's why the horible symptoms. You need to find another Doc. You should go from 50 to 25 and then to the 12.5

Please someone tell me they are off the patch and how long it took?

I have been on 75's every 48 hrs for several years. Plus 4/10mg percocets as need per day.

I have had .5mg of percocet in 11 days. I removed my patch today, about 8 hrs ago, this is Fri 3-30-07, I was suppose to replace that patch on Wed 3-28-07 at noon.

I have been in withdrawals for more than 36 hrs.

I have had chronic pain for more than 10 years. I started with 7.5 percocets but my doctor was afraid of addiction so he put me on oxycontin. That was hell on earth for me, I know it has been life safers for some, but not me.

I took my last oxy 1-26-01, my father-in-law died on 1-30-01, my mother was hospitalized 2-4-01 and died at the age of 62 on 2-20-01. I was going through withdrawals during all of these major events in my life. It was not only hell but so much of that period is foggy for me.

I was drug free until June but the pain was unbearable.

I talked my doctor into percocet again and did fine. I had ok days and horrible pain days, so after much thought I decide to try duragesic patches.

I slowing moved from 25's every 78hrs, to 50's every 78hrs, to 75's every 78 hrs and finally 75's every 48 hours.

My life sucks. I still have pain as well as what I think are drug related problems.

I feel like my Life is passing me by and I don't know the answers.

Can I live with fibromyalgia and be drug free or are most of my symptoms related to fibroymyalgia not patches?

Please someone help me?

Thanks,
Tere33L

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

I am going to be stopping the use of the duragesic patch 50 mcg soon and I am very very concerned what the symptoms of this withdrawal. I have been on it for over 1 year starting with 25 mcg and moving up to the 50 mcg.

Try to get Sandoz brand patches while you are tapering off. They can be trimmed a little at a time, so you don't feel a "shock wave of dropping 25 mcg at once.

I think the generic patch you are looking for are the mylan generics. The mylans are flat plastic that do not have gel reservour. Those can be cut for a slower tapper. A word of caution to those trying this with sandoz. Sandoz like the durgestc patches are filled with gel that would leak on to your skin and absourb making intake greater and stronger

I read alot of postings on these pages about going through withdrawl. It looks to be a scary thing. I am currently now on 12.5's because i cut the patch in half, not the gel one. I feel going down slowly off these patches could really help out with the withdrawl symptoms. Well i am hoping. My doctor told me to try tapering this way. I would put the patch on for 3 days then take it off when the time is up and leave it off for 1/2 day. Then put a 12.5 back on and leave on for 2-1/2 days. Then take it off after those days and leave off for 1 day. Then put it back on and where for 2 days then take it off for 1-1/2 day that time and so on. Does this make since? I guess this is a slow way of weaning and i am hoping it works. I am at the first day as of right now and we will see how it goes. I am also on Percs and doctor gave me clonodine for night (helps with sleep) and xanax for anxiety. I hear the withdrawls could last for weeks and I am NOT looking forward to that, and I hope this is something i can do without going in sane. I feel for everyone who is going through this and is awaiting to taper. I wish the doctor would of warned me from the begining how bad it is to go off of these duragesic patches. I would have never taken them. I was on them for serious abdominal and colon surgery and have a bad history of severe rhemotoid arthritis, all that auto immune stuff. I just want to be free of the controllingness of this drug. Thanks and want to give support to anyone going through this.

I feel so sorry for you people you lot hadnt a clue what was coming when your doc put you on this stuff i was a herion addict for 12 years just came of recentlly 26 now this stuff sounds just as bad as comin of herion maybe worse

If youre gonna taper id take some imodium for the runs. And Vtamin b6 caps.

When I went to my doctor about two weeks ago, she prescribed me Suboxone. At the time I arrived, I was wearing 275mcg.hr of fentanyl, I was also taking no less than 160 mg of morphine times release and about 3-6 of lortab every other day. She told me that I was supposed to go through w/d for at least 72 hours. I had gone through w/d from the patches before, so I knew what to expect. Well, around 42hrs into w/d , my husband came into the room and had the sub papers in hand, and told me that I could take the sub now,b/c I was in mild-moderate w/d. The info she sent me home with said that. I ended up taking 1 8mg. Well....BIG mistake, I went into rapid detox...I had never felt that bad in my whole life. Well, I called her the next morning to tell her what I had done....she then told me to take another8mg dose. This was friday. Well, she then told me to take 28mg, in the morn and 1 8mg at night. that weekend each morn, I woke up feeling sick(running a temp no less than 100.)I called her monday morn and she told me to take the max dose of 2-8mg every 12 hrs. Now, I am about 2 weeks into it. And I feel like c**p. She told me that I would feel great once I took the sub...I don't. I'm not happy about this whole situation. Don;t get me wrong...I'm thrilled that I dont need the patches or any pills, but I felt better when I was on the patches. I dont need them now, but this sub treatment sucks,big time. I feel like c**p, granted I dont have any w/d symptoms that come with the patches....I'm soo confused. I hear that the sub w/d are worse than the patch w/d. Imagine going through patch w/d...but put a fever on top of it. Sweating was my biggest annoyance with patch w/d. I cant imagine going htrough sub w/d. It seems that sub is worse than patch. With the patch, I felt great,energy,all that.Now I have no energy, no appetite, no want to do anything...but no w/d symptoms. If theres anyone who could help me or is going through what im going through, please help me. I want to help someone so badly. I dont want anyone going through this sub treatment, if I know it will end up the same way mine is. This seriously sucks. Tell your doc exactly how you are feeling,depressed,angry,any emotion you're going through....if they suggest suboxone. I don't think I should have been prescribed sub.I tried to call her today,but she wasn't in. I have to wait till Monday. I'm praying for you all out there, I know what you're going through, dont for one second think you're alone. We can get through this, we just have to make sure we get the treatment that is right for us. Okay, I said in my last post I was going to bed, but I stumbled onto this post. God bless and God speed to all that are in need of help.Good luck everybody.

don't they give methadone for withdrawal? I thought that they did. maybe that is only for higher doses? I don't know what subuxone is. I am on 75mcg/hr patches now. I don't know if I'll ever be able to go off of them, but I know about the withdrawal. my body temp is alway high, so I absorb and use up the patches too early every time. so every time it is patch day, I wake up freezing, sweating, and in crazy pain with crawlies on me. I would say that it sucks! however, I am already on the 2 day rotation instead of the 3, but they don't even last 2 days on me. I am in withdrawal within 48 hours of putting on the patch. So, my question to folks is.. Am I the only person who uses up the patch between 36 to 40 hours? I know my body temp is always between 99.5 and 100, but is that enough to make the patch get used up so quickly?

Hi...no you are not the only one that has between dose w/d my husband goes through the exact same thing. He is on 100 mcg 2 day rotation...I came on here because wants to get off because of the side effects he has been one it for about 2 years...car accident...and he is not getting better...he still has pain with the patch and a lot of side effects. If anyone has gotten off the patch with a relatively easy w/d...I know w/d sucks I have had w/d from Klonopin...but I did manage to find away that made it easier....The Ashton manual...if anyone needs help with benzo w/d that is the way to go...thanks

i have a normal body temp of 97.1 and use the patch up easily by 48 hours. in fact, i don't have to look at the clock on the day i change my patch--i just know. i have made three attempts to get off of duragesic. every time, the worst symptom for me is the throwing up bile and the dry heaves that accompany those as well. the splitting headache is bad too.

When I went to the Pain clinic I only wanted Vicodin to take just when my knee pain got beyond my ability to handle it, I had taken them and knew they helped. The doctor said that Vicodin was too hard on your body and not good for you so he wanted me to try these new things, patches, they were not as bad for you as the pills(so he said). I started out on them at 25 when they asked are you still hurting I said yes, this kept on until they had me on 150 every two days. I was "lucky" because the drug company would provide them for me, of course I had to struggle and fight with them every so often when the eliglbilty would run out with no warning and I was unable to get them or when the drugstore did not have them or only had a few but if I took the few it killed the script and I would lose the rest. I saw reps from the company hanging out at the docs office most times I went in, and they even came in to talk to me. The doc was getting some nice things from them for prescribing too. Though never once was I told how strong these things are or that I could not stop them on my own. I kept telling them I wanted off but they would keep talking me out of it, saying just wait another month. once they did lower it to 125 but never went down any more. The place did not listen to me, I would go in and they would say how is your back pain, I said it's my knees not my back but next time it was the same thing. I finally gave up and decided I would have to find another way, I started going lower on my own, I started just using the 100 and saving the 25s, and spread the time out to a little longer. I went to another doctor and told them I wanted off and I started using the 25s a couple for a few days and then a couple of weeks later went down to one 25. That is when it started getting really hard, withdrawal hit and I would go back to the two 25's again. I tried this three times and the new doctor gave me Oxycotin to take every six hours, it cost too much with no insurance so I could only get half, then I went back the doc gave me Percosets which were a little cheaper. Now so far the pills do help but don't last as long as prescribed. I am supposed to take the Percosets every six hours but am in horrible withdrawal before four hours so I am doing them every four hours but I feel terrible, not able to sleep and when the pill runs out I will wake with jerking jumping limps, I have had the vomiting and sweats. I am so hoping this will work but I am angry with the doctor who did not give me any warning, I think they should be help accountable to their patients for the terrible problems they caused them.

I am really scared now after reading all your posts. I've been a migraine sufferer for 24 years now. I've seen every kind of doctor known to man and been on every kind of drug there is out there from calcium channel blockers to DHE and every pain killer there is. My pain management doctor finally seems to have me on the right cocktail to keep me out the Primary Care office and ER to keep from getting Stadol injections. He prescribed 150 mg Topamax, 12 mg Zanaflex daily at bedtime and 8 mg of hydromorphone as needed for the pain and I wear the 25 mg Fentanyl patch for 72 hrs. But I've only just started wearing it over the last 2-3 months. I've been doing so well and my migraines have decreased so much that my doctor has decided that he wants to take me back off the patches when I go back to see him in November. But after reading all your stories, I'm scared to death about the withdrawal symptoms I'm going to experience. Should I go ahead and start trying to wean myself off the patches now so I don't have withdrawal so bad? What should I do? I've had withdrawal in the past with Stadol nasal spray and Vicodin and Lortab, and I know it hurts like hell, and I definitely don't want to go through it again with the patches. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

:$
I sometimes have to keep two on
I don't know how to stop taking this or if I will die
, I have had to go out of town for business and I ran out of my patch so I am in my hotel room like an animal afraid cold sweaty short of breath
there is no light
I went to a dr here and he looked at me like I was some druggie
the dr looks at me like I am crazy for taking this and the dr. who prescribed this is out of town. I am in so much pain then they are liek goto er I am like what I can show you documentation m stomach is killing me

and for the breakthrough pain

I am on 10. 325 percocet or hrdo 1-2 every 1-2 every 4 hours

they have treated me so horrible it is for legitimate pain and I have tumors and ulcers in my stomach so I can't take that much regular medicine

the pharmacy knows of my problem and has a record the dr went out of tow so he left me high n dry wouldn't return page.

I have been taken this for well over 2 years now and
I feel like I am dying

isn't an ER suppose to help you? or at least verify with your dr
you're taking this medication and it is legitimate

The medicine is a gel reservoire of fentanyl in these patches. See the websites for the warnings from Sandoz or Duragesic brand site. Were one of these to be cut you need to flush it down the toilet. If you get this on your hands or skin wash it with running water, no soap! It is toxic because the dose is too high inside it when it is placed on your skin directly if cut, or accidently...you would still be giving yourself too much at once.

That's why as an aside they are recalling the lot of Sandoz patches and duragesic....because the reservoirs were inadvertently/ accidentally cut at the wrong place which put the cut along the reservoir which left you access to the gel inside and this is dangerous!