I'm new to this board and came here for some advice. I hope I don't offend anyone by asking something that may have already been answered here, I've recently decided to stop smoking marijuana after 5+ years of the daily "routine." I smoked a ritual "last bowl" last night and tossed everything in the trash.

I've tried to quit before but could not bare the anxiety and other effects people have described here. I usually ride my stationary bike about 20-30 mi per week to combat the anxiety CAUSED by marijuana. I know that keeping myself busy should be priority number one in terms of keeping a level head about it, but I wanted to know if anyone had some advice to give for someone going through the first week or so of withdrawals from quitting. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I cannot live like that and am now finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel that is life.

Life is much better without pot. You'll have motivation, more energy, better mood, better appetite, better mental awareness, a clear head, and you'll be much happier.

I am quitting pot right now after 2 years of smoking. It's getting old, and I'm realizing that I need to change. Every day it's the same feeling

Wake up feel like c**p, go to school and feel sick and bored, space off all day get behind in school. Get home, deal with cravings find some pot and smoke it. Wake up and continue the cycle. It's been like that for a year, and I'm already sick and tired of it. I love the feeling it gives me when I'm high but when I'm not high is when I don't like it.

Now, as I don't usually make it a habit (addiction) I do  occasionally make use of pot (I don't smoke it as there is enough air pollution that I don't want to overstress the lungs as it is, so I use in baked goods et al).  Interesting that many people get diarrhoea and other symptoms of withdrawal from long term use.

I usually get diarrhoea whilst making use of the plant. I don't get the runs quitting (perhaps as it is not a long term issue) but boy! Using and being stoned and having diarrhoea, little wonder that I have had few embarrassing public diarrhoea accidents!

Stoned with the runs is not good (like oil and water, they simply don't mix)!  Now mind you, I don't use cannibis sativa for the tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) the chemical that gets one stoned, but as a relaxant as I have IBS-D sometimes with painful intestinal cramping. Thus I am not necessarily a regular user of cannabis.

I want to know just what causes diarrhoea upon it's use for me. Never fails, every time I do use it despite its calming effects, I am always having to make a mad dash for the white porcelean throne!

Thannks!