Symptoms of the marijuana withdrawals

symptons that im experiencing now are loss of appittite cant sleep for sh*t last night i woke up pukin it frikkin sucks you have no idea how much i want a bowl it least. i had to quit like three days ago i was used to smokein like 3 blunts a day. its f*****g gay i feel sick as f**k but it least its not like dope withdrawls. its mainly loss or appitite cant sleep for sh*t and you feel like sh*t thats mainly it. it just overall sucks ballz. you will also wake up sweating like three-four times a night. i havent smoked weed in like three days im just at the begining of it. i gotta quit cuz of a possesion charge. nut i'll e back on weed sonn though lol. im only 15 and its not weed that ruins pplz life it the weak peopl that smoke it. i smoked every day and i maintained a decent high all day and it was all good. weed isnt a bad thing. being stupid is.

Um, I think you are a big liar. I have been around marijuana and used it myself regularly since I was 11, all through high school, undergrad and then medical school, and no one I know has ever had any sort of withdrawl, what so ever. Your descirption is either made up or you have some psycological problem that is the underlying cause. And, if you really are a user (I doubt it, probably a doo-gooder) maybe go a little easy. You don't have to smoke all day to enjoy it, quite the contray, less is more. Stick to the times when you have a break, like evenings or weekends, not during class!

I don't think you should be calling someone a liar. Are you God? Everyone's make up is different. I have smoked weed heavy for 20 years. Maybe your occasional use is different. Could you compare someone who has 1 drink a day to someone who drinks from the time they wake up until they pass out? Maybe jou smoked shitty ditch weed and this guy smokes the good stuff. Hope you get rid of your attitude before going in to practice. Ass hole

i quit a week ago once i realized that i was dumb. i smoked all summer and once i got back into my advanced classes, i coulndt keep up cause the weed made me slow and unfocused and i'm still having problems with it. im also experiencing fatigue, weird appetite shifts, and soreness. yesterday i was so dizzy that i had to leave school after just one hour cause i felt like the room was spinning. but that was just one instance. it was weird.
i suggest that you do stop. im glad i did. cause looking back at this summer and looking at all the free time i had compared to how i'm now always at school, work, or doing homework, i should of used the summer time to get some actual productive things done instead of eating cheetos and watching that 70's show.

I smoked weed for 12 years, every day, multiple times/day. At work, at play, before bed, before doing anything.
I've decided to quit, as my fiance is reporting she is pregnant. I feel that if she can't do it, i can't do it. She was never as heavy a smoker as I am, and isn't reporting any of the withdrawal symptoms (anxiety, restless legs, sleepless/sweaty nights, vivid dreams, lonliness, depression) that I, unfortunately am.
I also suffer from a severe case of tinnitus (ringing in the ears). This is valid to mention because the anxiety that I am suffering seems to act as an amplifier of this noise. Sometimes I have found myself crying balls and then 20 seconds later laughing it up ... This is terrible. I have no desire to smoke again, but I can't wait for these symptoms to end. I have scheduled an appointment with a doctor today to try to get on some sort of anti-depressant. I know not all of you used this to help cope with the withdrawal, and that it is almost just switching my reliance from one drug to another, but the ringing is literally driving me crazy. it's non-stop. think about it. non-stop high pitched ringing in your ears. 24 hours a day.
Anyway, if anyone else is suffering from this, please share your experience with me ... I would love to hear some words of encouragement about this ... and if not encouragement, than at least some shared experiences would be nice.
Thanks and good luck to all.

I turned sixteen on the third, and I had my last smoke on the fifth (around this time at night). So today is day 8 for me. Smoking every day since I turned fourteen... My adolescence was and still is very clouded.

As my adult world unfurled, through the void I was hurled. Out I came, what a shame, I feel as though I'm not the same.

Seriously though, I've developed a multitude of irritating conditions in the last week. The one that has appeared with most consistency (all f*****g day) is the sort of dizzy vision you get when you're blazing your balls off. THAT, I am used to. The first couple of days of abstinence as well as the week or so preceding them were wasted away on the internet, reading all of the reports (done by people trained to do reports and geared to mislead by people trained to write) on heavy adolescent marijuana use, and panicking my ass off. I haven't been able to concentrate at all in class, and I've felt painful headaches and nausea all day. I've been clinically depressed, and the primary focus of my anxiety has been on the notion that I will never know who I would be now if I hadn't smoked so much weed then. And although I continue telling myself that that was then and this is now, right now I feel like sh*t, which brings me back to then, and I go in a loop. I actually had to walk out of my first period class, kneel in a sticky high school bathroom stall, and puke my guts out over all the anxiety last friday. Luckily, I have hypnotics for the otherwise unbearable insomnia, but I have no help for what happens in the daytime. In addition to the growing list of (so far) dizzy vision, extreme anxiety, depression, hypochondria, headaches, nausea, tinnitus, insomnia, itchiness, and very dulled thought (for me), I now include the most grueling of the bunch: ANOREXIA. I forget to eat or drink anything for hours and hours and end up sprawled up against a wall or some sort of furnishing, my usually present mental functions like cognitive reasoning and speech severely diminished. All I can manage to do is sit and think "wha...? why... whas happening?" as I watch my carpet move and not move at the same time. That was last night. I'm pretty sure my visual cortex is still recuperating from my last trip. Luckily I was rescued by my mother, who came rushing in with a PB&J sandwich, then moved on to some eggs, rice and veggies, three glasses of water, and two lean cuisines. Then I felt better.

She used to say "This too shall pass," although I suspect she stole that from Jesus. But let it pass, and it will. "Here, take a cookie. I promise, by the time you're done eating it, you'll feel right as rain."

I'm glad to say that the worst is over for me, and I hope you're glad to hear that you're not alone. Hang in there. Give it just a few more weeks, and it'll all be over.

I've been worrying about my tinnitus as well. It's not quite as severe as yours at all, but my experience with it is that it appeared when I ate way too many mushrooms for a fifteen year old last summer. It faded out after a few weeks, and then I only experienced it occasionally until I quit smoking. Then it bugged the sh*t out of me for three days or so straight, and after four or five days, I only got it when I forgot to drink water or breathe. Didn't have it at all today.

the real truth about weed with draw is very clear i have smoke for 35 years and the wourst is total burnout not being able to think or be the best you can be ask a 40 or more year smoker the truth if they are able to finish a intellagent conversation or make sence,or even able to finish a sentance. a complete waste of life who will soon be shearching for weed to get straith not high and you loose on everingthing in life that is real and beatiful.the plain truth is you will wake up 58 years old .parents dead. no freinds every body you know is fried your kids and grandkids grown up and nothing to do with thier dope parents if they still claim you, probaly not; to old to party with anybody so you are alone to die alone a another wasted life.stop at all costs to save what brain you got i dont care if you are a md,phd or bum you are burned out your brain is completeing fried.if you are a professioal i will never use your burned out service admite it why cant you do anythiny thing without being high or straite dependind how burned you are.a rose by a other name is still burned out and fried beyound repair.can not defend you opion the word is fried you can not on frie french freis md phd bachors masters holders you have no ansews ask a 50 60 or18 year old it is very sad when you guys loose your train of thout so iam not the greatest speller in the would neither are you because you are so fried bunrnt when you get get caught do you use the same old saying!!!!!!!a rose by any other word is you are fried beyoud repair.there is nothing you say to put me down if you try a negative remark you admitting you are burnt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You say you smoke 3 blunts a day, and how long have you been doing this? Because you do know that taking the tobacco out, doesn't mean there's no tobacco left. Blunt paper is made out of tobacco leaves, if you've ever noticed, when you light a blunt and get it really smoking, you'll see two different kinds of smoke coming out of the end. One of a thick white, and the other is more translucent. So maybe weed isn't your problem, but the tobacco is, and if not that, then you must just have some psychological issues, and again, if not that, then you would be the first case in history of someone suffering from a major marijuana withdrawl

***edited by moderator*** ** inappropriate posting**

To those people in here saying that there is not a syndrome associated with marijuana withdrawal, including sweating and cognitive decline, you are wrong. It occurs in heavy pot smokers (daily) that smoke very potent weed. The reason the issue used to be controversial is because THC is so hydrophobic. It can't stand being in the blood and so goes straight into tissue and stays there.. it can stay in fatty tissue for around 6 weeks, gradually being cleared over that time.. so the withdrawal is relatively slow and mild (compared to many other drugs), but it is definitely present.

Experimentally, scientists have illustrated a profound withdrawal effect by using cannabinoid receptor antagonists. These drugs block the receptor that THC works on and so can immediately bring on a withdrawal syndrome in animals 'addicted' to THC. Here is just one example

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Hello. After reading all of your posts I wanted to share my own experience. I have been a heavy marijuana user for 12 years and I am 26. I will start by saying please dont write this off as something I made up because it is VERY real. I have been smoking for so long and so frequently that it has become part of who I am. It's not just to relax. I use it to self medicate, to eat, to cure my nausea (I have some health issues) etc. Every time I go to eat I smoke pot, every time I feel sick I smoke pot, every time I feel stressed I smoke pot, well you get the picture...Recently I went on vacation and went through what I can only describe as severe withdrawal; night sweats, cold sweats, vomiting, no appetite, vomiting from eating when trying, dizziness, restlessness, extreme fatigue, aggression, depression, and of course wanting more marijuana. I have gone through this in less severe cases before but only for a few days here and there. Every time I stop even for a few days its ridiculous!

Well this last experience I had was quite unbearable, I actually had to go to the hospital and get ivs b/c I was very sick! I was only able to eat baby food, and chicken broth with creamed rice, it was very difficult even keeping that down :-( It was one of the most horrible experiences I ever had when it comes to my health. I am at a point in my life where I want to progress, be more productive, have a family, be normal...and I cant see myself doing this while smoking weed every day. I have tried to quit before, I even quit for 5 months. I felt great, no depression, not a lot of eating problems, so I felt that I could smoke a little here and there, that I could control it, smoke maybe every weekend, or once a week. But to no avail every time its a slippery slope and soon I find myself smoking constantly again.

Marijuana withdrawal is very real, for me at least. I find myself actually thinking I love pot and to me that is pathetic! My friends do it, I am surrounded by it, it is a culture embedded in me and I have to stop. I havent smoked for 3 weeks now, the symptoms are very gradually going away, I cry on a daily basis and still find myself wanting pot. I went to the doctor today and I get laughed at by 1 doctor, I saw another one and he wants to put me on anti-depressants. I dont think that coming off of one addiction and starting another especially on SSRI's are very safe for me. If any doctors read this, please respond and let me know your thoughts. I am going to start seeing a psychiatrist soon because I dont think anti-depressants are the way to go. I hope this helps someone, at least I got it out. Thanks!

Im 20 years old been smoking dank (weed) since i was 15 everyday , sometimes two blunts to the head , never went a day witout smokin, about a week ago i stopped smoking , MAN the symptoms arent a joke, the withdrawl symptoms varies on how much u smoked and how physically fit you are, im a pretty skinny guy and il tell you this much, the symptoms feel like ur dieng , i dunt think u shud call anyone a liar man , let me tell u this much, i was rushed to the hospital three time with an ambulance in just that one week , i had full blown panic attacks , extreme anxiety, cant sleeepppp wat so ever, you see people get it twisted thinking weed is a soft drug ,, if u smart enuff u wud realize that this aint the same weed ur parents used to smoke back in the 70 and 80's the thc level is extremely high , and god knows wat kind of sprays they got in it, im an experienced kush smoker , and i do promise u this quitin dank NOW is almost like trynna quit any hard drug, but the physical symptoms arent as harsh,my symptoms are extreme fatique caused from the lack of sleep, restlness, i get aggitated from the smallest things , lets make it clear u get all the symptoms of depression and even worst, your heart will feel like its coming out of place, you will feel like u gonna probably die soon, i cant even explain the symptoms too good cause im still going threw the symptoms, right now i feel soo tired and i can barely see the screen , dunt even know if half of the sh*t im sayin makes sense, the lesson is dunt smoke weed, do not lie to ur head that its just a soft drug and almost everyone around does it , wen u try quitin it u will see MARIJUANA (DANK) (kush) for what it really is, dunt get over hyped by online information encouragin people to smoke- the information on there is writtten by young teens who smoke ten blunts a dai, they always feelin gud and thinkin everythin is gud cause they always gettin high, marijuana nowadays is extttreemmely potent, excuse me if i dunt make sense or my info is all over the place, i will right again wen im complelty sober, do not smoke weed as it will f**k up ur life, Read the long tern affects off KUSH , not no bush like weed people used to smoke back in the days, and read alll the withdrawl symptoms, and try quitin urself and see the results , do not depend on no drug to calm you down, or make u feel gud , train ur mind and grow up and smarten up , dutn waste money and dunt be lookin for roaches all over ur room , go threw the withdrawl symptoms now before u get ur kush laced wit crack

hey my name is aaron i also have quit smoking i used to smoke everyday like atleats 2 joints a day or a bowl i havent even been smoking for a full year but i am expierincing negative affects of smoking like rapid heat beat/tingling in my legs and arms/sucidal thought/fatigue/no sleep at all/crazy thoughts/ this sh*t is ruining my life i cnt focus in schoool or sleep and im always on edge and yelling at ppl for no rason i walways think the worse i HATE marijuana and regret the day i ever used it i was just wondering if anyone else was deal ing with this i have really bad anexiety attacks soo bad i thought i had heart diasese or diabetes and sometimes i rhink im guna have a stroke i wanna tell my parents but im afraid they wont see me the same but im failing classes cuz i just dnt have the ebegry to do work cuz all i do is sleep in the day and up at night i cnt foucs on sh*t rather i smoke or not i have all these symtoms but is anxiety permenanet how do i get threw thiss itsss so hard PLEASE HELP

Hello, I am 29 years old, and have been a very heavy pot user for several years following a severe trauma I experienced as a teenager. I never liked alcohol, because it just made me MORE emotional (mainly angry and sad, the exact feelings I was trying to avoid), pot was always perfect- I guess, what they say it true- if it seems too good to be true, it usually is :-(

I am 2 weeks sober now- I am totally overwhelmed with my emotions because I've remained numb for so long with the pot, but I just couldn't keep it up anymore financially or lifestyle wise-- i look back to the days when I was smoking like a 1/4 a month (god DAMN I miss those days!!!) and now, at 29, I have been desperately trying to make an ounce stretch over a week, and god forbid something happen and my connection not come through and I was dry for a day or two- I , as a 29 year old, had to stay in bed, sobbing, in the fetal position, too physically sick and mentally broken down and confused and irrational to function, and my poor MOM had to literally WATCH me so I didn't hurt myself because I became so ill AND suicidal--- I WAS ACTING LIKE A HEROIN JUNKIE. it was all so humiliating. Plus I realized I had nearly become a recluse who could just put on a good front at work (yet couldn't even get to work unless I was high).

Well, long, long, story short- A month ago, I was put on a medication that has helped me with stopping the marijuana use- I have tried in the past to quit smoking , but it never worked for several reasons:

a) I never really wanted to quit, i just tried to make other people happy, like my parents

b) while my physical side effects ( oh GOD the terrible nausea and NIGHT SWEATS!!! ) were severe, after month they went away, but the MENTAL TORMENT AND suicidal feelings, and awful, severe psychotic episodes I experienced when sober (the longest I was ever able to maintain sobriety was 3 months) never let up & therefore never gave me hope of fully recovering. so in order to literally keep myself alive and continue being functional enough to work a full time job and pay my bills, I felt I HAD to smoke (and when ppl gave me sh*t I'd always say 'ok fine, I'll quit pot, and stay at home and suffer and then you pay my freakin bills if it's so damn important!!!)

I believe things are different now for a verry important reason- I have recently gotten help from a wonderful psychiatrist who specializes in neurology after years of trying desperately to seek help and get answers from id**t psychiatrists for years as to why my need for marijuana is so much stronger than the "recreational pot user" and he put me on a medication called Topomax for a condition that has allowed me to stop cold turkey- while I have had the physical withdrawal- the sweats, anxiety, nausea- all but the sweats has already gone (I've been clean for three weeks), and while is is scary and overwhelming coming out of my cocoon of emotional numbness and I have been crying alot, I feel, for the first time since a kid, like a real person, and it actually feels GOOD.

Guys, there is hope out there- CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL NEUROLOGIST AND SEE IF YOU MAY HAVE A RARE CONDITION CALLED TEMPORAL LOBE EPILEPSY- IN THIS FORM OF EPILEPSY "SEIZURES" as we think of them don't occur, and people with this affliction have an unusual affinity to become severely, severely physically addicted to pot in a way others cannot and both regular people and 99.99% of health professionals cannot understand! This is the condition for which I was prescribed Topomax, and this is the reason that my life has become manageble enought for me to VOLUNTARILY quit marijuana so I can attempt to try and break free from this addiction. SSRIs CAN POTENTIALLY MAKE THIS CONDITION WORSE!! please respond if you have any questions! Thanks and take care!

I come from British Columbia where the weed is very potent (mostly Kush) and I know for a fact the withdrawal symptoms are real and somewhat dangerous pending on how heavy of a pot-smoker you are. For myself, I haven't been a heavy user for very long, but most recently, since I've returned home for my reading week, I've never suffered such horrible symptoms in my life. I had constant sweats - both day and night - as well as a deep depression with racing thoughts like I've never had before. I remember visiting the doctor when I was about 17 (I'm 20 now), and he told one of parents that at least 80% of the marijuana is laced with some sort of addictive, which to me, is not the least bit surprising in a world where people will find any strategy to make a profit. I firmly believe government should intervene in the marijuana industry and regulate the potency and fertilizers used in the grow operation. Remember, 99% of your pot comes from organized crime. They don't care about your health. They want you to buy more of their weed, so they'll lace it with anything to get to come back for more. I'm 6 days into quitting and its been rough. They say exercise is a good way to overcome the symptoms, but I still can't find the motivation to go out for a run or push some weights in the gym. In terms of appetite, I have about 5-6 snacks a day(fruit, yogurt, vegetables) and keep well hydrated. For now, I'm just trying to battle it out.