Hi everyone, I quit pot cold turkey on Jan 8 after a few weeks of smoking around 3-6 J's a day. I had all the classic symptoms for the first few days and I'm doing a lot better now, even though I'm definitely not 100%. The most annoying symptom I still have is underarm sweating. When I go to work I bring at least three extra shirts with me, and I go to the bathroom every half hour or so to change and dry off. I'm always self-conscious about other people possibly seeing my perspiration problem. Antiperspirants don't seem to help much, and I didn't have a perspiration problem before quitting pot. Anybody else have this problem? How long does it last for? Thank you for the input.

quite possibly this could just be your body still adapting to you not smoking pot like you used to......if anything I would just use some of the medical deoderants that have extra strength sweat protection, actually some are pretty strong now to the point where I can't take it cause its to strong....

I'm experiencing the same thing.

I have to change shirts at least 3 times a day, and it's not just underarm sweating, it's also hands and feet. This is getting extremely annoying, especially since I'm extremely hypochondriac and can't stop worrying about it

Look into whether you are possibly hypoglycemic

~S~

i just quit smoking after smoking between a half ounce and an ounce a week for about a year
today is day 4 and i have yet to quit sweating
its just my hands and underarms
but it is getting kind of ridiculous
i just hope it stops soon

i know its a bit late
but if you or anyone else reads this - SPEND TIME IN A SAUNA or, if you're up to it, go backpacking or do something highly aerobic that will render you covered in sweat. your body is flushing things out; there is no stopping that.

OMG..... It sounds like a normal process after quitting then. I quite about 6months ago after smoking it daily for about 5 years.
My pits didnt start getting sweaty until about 4 weeks into it. It drives me crazy! Sweaty balls are bad enough - but atleast people cant see that. Love to chat with others that have this problem too. Hopefully it will pass soon. All the best dudes.

I am on day 3 and i get sweaty flashes as well. i also get chills too. i'm either sweatin balls or really chilly. hope it goes away soon! i have been drinking a lot of water and working out daily. hopefully that will help flush the THC out quicker.

yeah, im suprised to find anyone with the same problem ive stop smoking for about 5 days and ive been sweating like crazy and its keeping me from doing things i want to do. Ive also been having crazy dreams and cold sweats, just last night i woke up from a crazy dream dripping sweat and couldnt even go back to sleep.

I'm on day 4, day one at night was unreal, sweat pouring off me in bed.
haven't stopped sweating all over since, also very wired, only need someone to
give me a reason and i'll snap big time.
I feel and look like i'm on speed, anxiety is sometimes overwhelming, taking huge breaths in.
been on and off dope for 20 years, but never had sweat problems before, maybe since lately my
habit has risen too high, from 7am - midnight, cone aften cone.
thinking of going to the doc's to get something to settle me down a bit whilst i get through it.

THC is fat soluble, and the THC gets caught in the fat cells around your body. Your mind knows that there is THC in the fat cells so the body burns itself in an attempt to get a fix.

well for one , I'm glad im not the only one .
Sweaty hands all day .. Also the worst part is the cold sweats wile I'm sleeping . I'm on day 4 of quiting . I keep waking up drenched in sweat . It's unbelievable . Hard to sleep ( not from insomnia but from the cold sweats . I've smoked aproximatly an ounce a week for 15 years . I started smoking to cure my insomnia. (Pills didint cut it ). Also i was having anger management issues . Weed cured both those symptoms. ( who wants to fight after a duby, no one. ) ..
Weed is a good medical herb , and I stand by it , but it's time to take a break . Got a new job comming up and I'm unsure if drug testing will be performed or not . It's a good job so I don't want to blow it .

So far none of the side effect are really that bad exept the profusly sweating part at night . I've substituted weed with wothers originals candy ( with I highly recommend just don't chew em . )

Does anyone know how long the sweating last ? What ive gathered from this and othe post out there is if I were to force the body to sweat ( sauna , or high active workouts ) I can speed up the process ?? I have a month before starting new job so im not worried about detoxing in Time but, I just want to stop the midnight cold sweats . There driving me nuts .

Anyway good luck to you all. Yes it's hard but stick to it . You aviously have a reason for doing so . Just keep reminding yourself why . Weather it's for a new job or maybey a loved one , or even just to detox .

Thx , take care y'all .

i smoke about quater a day (blunts only) and always to the head, been smoking for like 10 years when i was 13 im now 23 now, i stoped smoking 2days ago and my hands wont stop sweating and im just anger person now sh*t is booboo... i feel like all my nurves in my body are just twitching driving me nuts... i cant seem to stop moving and talking its like am a tweaker.... i have been in rehab 2x for oxy/herion. i dont know wat i can do to help this.. but its like all the nurves in my arms are just twicting its driving me insane... reason for stop smoking is i dont get high anymore (and i buy from club $200 for a half and $400 for a O of the best ALL BLUNTS) it just makes me feel normal anyone with any tips or need to know more about this ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

quick update . It's been 3 weeks now since I quit . First week was really rough !! I was a big smoker .. The sweats finnaly stoped after 2 weeks , and that was by far the worse part to endure .as soon as the sweats stoped it became much easier . Now I still get a craving here and there but I keep myself out of those situations . It's all about the company you keep as well . Don't hang around the folks that smoke weed . If they are true friends they will understand . After week 2 your will power is stronger. You don't want to tale a toke cuz then you get the felling you came so far and failed . .

Anyway good luck hang in there !! If I can do it anybody can do it .
I feel great and really energetic . I've accomplished a lot lately. Keep busy !!
Drink tons of water !! I've also lost 20 pounds . Not getting severe munchies .

Exact same symptoms too