PLEASE keep reading. One person's support might be the difference maker.   I saw another post on this topic from a guy my age and it really inspired me. Sadly he stopped posting therefore leading me to believe he failed.  I am going to try to quit marijuana , and will use this website ( just like Adam the other guy did ) to document my efforts and make way for discussion. Hell maybe more people are trying to quit and this will help them. Why I want to quit  Many reasons. The biggest : I am constantly worrying needlessly. About everything. And I have a physical feeling of sickness in my stomach.  This anxiety ( I'm guessing but I'm not a doctor ) is caused or at least exacerbated by my weed use ( which is daily )  More reasons- I have a hell of a lot of potential. If I had worked hard ( and once again it's not JUST weed that made me lazy but it couldn't have helped ) I could have played varsity soccer at an extremely competitive school ,  while at the same time taking difficult classes and getting A's. I didn't do any of that and now im out of shape and headed to community college.  Health - my dad Was diagnosed with parkinsons so naturally I googled it. Once again I'm not a doctor but I know for a fact that PD occurs because your ability to make dopamine gets screwed up ( apolpgize for the french and overall informality. I'm on an iPhone and it's four am )  Which segways into my next reason : sleep (and diet )  I am currently at my grandmas house and I can't freaking sleep because I haven't smoked pot. I also can hardly eat. But when I smoke I eat four meals a day ( which I think is bad because it's not four plates of veggies lol )  So let's see I covered my anxiety , not being the best I can be , sleep , diet. Thats not even covering two VERY popular problems : physical health ( lungs, sitting around all day )  and the expense.  So I'm trying to quit , but I'm not gonna go cold turkey because of what I have read these last three hours ( that's right can't sleep so I have been researching why )  Oh another thing , besides not being able to sleep when you can't spark up , weed ( and this is up for debate so if you disagree please don't start a debate here ) is bad for yOur sleep cycle. I'm not educated in this field but in simple mans terms , ya know how you don't dream when you smoke ( I don't and neither do A LOT of others so once again if you disagree please don't call me out it's pointless )  thats bad. Because it messes with your rem cycle which is also why it impacts your short term memory.  My plan : I have read a lot of these posts and the cold turkey people have tended to fail.  the most helpful " quitting weed " post guy smoked less every day , than every other day , than twice a week etc etc.  I haven't smoked half as long as that guy had , but it still seems a better approach. So Tommorw I get back to Nova ( northern VA) I have until Friday until all of my best friends leave for college. My plan is to smoke normally until my girlfriend leaves ( because we smoke together but it's not gonna affect the plan because we are not staying together ) and than progressivly smoke less and do more. ( by do more I mean healthy activities )  To deal with the side effects I'm going to exercise a Fuckton, try to limit them by quitting over time ,  and than just deal with them.  Honestly there are probably a lot of people just like me but quitting weed is HARD. It's hard because it causes no immediate issue , that and the fact that everybody frikkin smokes. Like everyone where I live. Adults too.  If even one person could reply I think it may really help me. Even a simple " good luck " would be greatly appreciated.  I may not seem it from this post , but I am very intelligent for my age. I Got a five on each AP test I took  in highschool. My point of saying this isn't to brag but to convince the person who can't decide if I'm worth the time to reply. I am NOT just a dumb stoner looking for help.

I smoked for about a year and everyone around me did as well, my boyfriend, my brother, my best friend, and anyone who was brought around me.Loved it, Till i started getting panic attacks so badly that i was in the emergency room almost every night . I always thought i was going to die. It was horrible, and when i would smoke weed, i ALWAYS would get a panic attack. I felt like i could not breathe, like my heart kept on stopping, and always thought my boyfriend would get in a car crash and die. Worst time in my whole life, but i have been a lot better since i started on some medicine and stopped smoking weed though people around me still do, but i quit COLD TURKEY and it felt so amazing a week later.. I'm happy for you that you are stopping but i pray that you do it before it gets the way mine was, worst month of my life and what i thought was my last,also my anxiety caused stress on every one around me and now i have a lot of health issues stemming from stress but the anxiety is mild. Good luck man.

Hi i have nearly smoked very day for 15 years turned 30 couple of weeks ago and have stopped cold turkey so far so good i am finding it hard to get to sleep and not eating no way near as much and bad as i was im thing to do fitness instead fingers crossed so far so good

ive stopped 48hrz now & im trying 2 keep my sanity . im 32 been smokin since i was 16 everyday.. then i came to the usa & got hooked on exotics sooo im feindin ..

Man, I am in your EXACT same shoes and today is my second day without weed (I'm 18, been smoking daily for 8 months) . Man it will be hard bro but just get thru it, work out, drink lots of water, even go to your doc and tell him your story he might be able to prescribe something short term to help with the withdrawals and anxiety. Good luck man and whenever u crave just remind urself why ur quitting.. u dont wanna go down that road forever man.. and if ur serious about quitting now is the time!

Good luck friend!

Hey Joe, I hope that you were successful in your attempt at quitting marijuana. I know that it can be difficult but if you stick to your guns,so to speak,and keep at it. it definitely gets better. Best of luck!

I just want to encourage you and wish you the best! My boyfriend quit weed after smoking for years and it's the thing I am most proud of him for. He is becoming a better man everyday and I am sure you are too. Keep your eyes focused on what you want out of life and who you could be! Praying for you. 

Hey Captain Crunch... I'm without weed for 14 months now after a 12 year addiction.. The most difficult part was the first few months. The sleepless nights, anxiety attacks and poor general health is something of the past. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use