This post is an extension of the
Marijuana withdrawals thread.

Please continue posting within this thread.

did you guys know that physical pot addiction is impossible? there is nothing addictive about pot, except the social aspect. sad to figure out that its not addiction but reality hitting you huh?

Has anyone else experienced symptoms such as:
-Sinus infections
-Changes in bowel movements (as in, it seems I'm not digesting properly, very frequent bowel movements)

. . . in relation to cannabis withdrawal?

Thanks,
Darren

Darren5000 wrote:

-Sinus infections

Thanks,
Darren

thats a good question. from all these threads i've read people dealing with problems with their digestion.i've been experiencing problems with my digestion also.. i've been clean for 39 days so far (was a frequent daily smoker).

You say you've been clean 39 days . . . have the digestive problems lessened/or dissapeared at all by now for you? or . . . . ?

I've quit smoking probably 20 times (twice for more than a year). Sometimes its for a new job, sometimes just to prove that I can.

With so much practice, I have some tips:
- I don't taper down, but do smoke resin to help with my insomnia for 1-3 days after quitting the green stuff. It has the triple effect of giving me something to look forward to during those first tough days, it allows my THC levels to drop more slowly, it makes me dislike smoking after a couple days cause resin tastes like c**p.

- Exercise is the only way to deal the anxiety and insomnia. I try to do intensive cardiovascular workouts to burn off the stress and sweat out some of the toxins. Late at night, when anxiety hits, I just do some push-ups and sit-ups. A couple of sets is just as effective as a smoke. Yoga also simulates the feeling.

- I never say I'm quitting smoking, instead I recognize that I'm just taking a break and don't know how long that will last. I love smoking, but recognize it has side effects (like making it hard to get a job). Mentally the task becomes easier because I focus on the short term and push my cravings into the future.

- If I screw up and smoke in a moment of weakness, I just try again. Eventually it sticks.

Each time I quit, it gets easier to get through the withdrawals. Mostly, I've learned that its in my head and I'm my own worst enemy. If I'm scared to quit or expect anxiety, then it happens. If I'm calm about it and stay busy, it's really not that hard. Quitting every few months is wonderful. I don't forget what it is like to be sober. When I start again the pot is so much better. And, if I need to quit, like now, its totally manageable with all that practice.

Absolute restraint is not moderation.

I heard from a muscician friend of mne aka (career smoker) that resin can actually be more harmful than the most potent thc so you'd better be careful.

hes a musician, not a doctor...

Does your brain bounce back a bit in terms of functionality. I'm in a blaze craze haze!

Im at a month and a half and am finally starting to sleep more and deeper now, still battling the digestion problems though. Having a ton of flatulence and bloating.

I have been running nightly and drinking a lot of water to try and expedite things. I also am abandoning a sleep schedule until I gain full control of my sleep back. I just stay up as long as needed until I can't keep my eyes open anymore and then hit the sack. It seems like things are getting better a lot quicker now.

I am a 32 year old female who has been smoking daily since I was 14. I have been smoking extremely strong hydro for about 5 years now, a few times a day. I want to quit because it is burning up all my money, time, energy and motivation. Everything I did, I thought I needed to do high. I wanted to experience life without always being stoned. As I got into my late twenties and up, I started to experience anxiety and paranoia and it wasn't as fun as it used to be. My husband smoked with the same frequency, and we have no savings to show for it. We quit last Friday, and have not smoked anything in 6 days. I thought I would want to smoke a lot more than I do--I really have only had a few urges to get high since--as soon as I got home from work which was always prime time. I am experiencing extreme anxiety (although on day 6 it has decreased about 75%) as well as vivid dreams, waking up really early and obviously my lungs are clearing themselves out. Today I am dealing with debilitating fatigue, but not too much else. I had no idea I would face so many withdrawal symptoms--I am a big proponent of marijuana legalization and do not feel it is harmful when used responsibly (which we were not doing). I envy my friends who can just toke up a few times a month. I get excited at the freedom to not always be tied to my bong. We are trying to conceive and I did not want anything to slow our chances. I have been fearing having to quit marijuana for about 10 months--I pictured myself sneaking off to get high with a baby in my belly--but like I said--I really don't have any desire. It is just the withdrawal that is kicking my butt. My husband isn't having any symptoms - but we have different chemistries and bodies. I am also a lot more affected by alcohol, or hangovers from other drugs like E and LSD than he is, so it makes sense. I look forward to the thousands of dollars we will save, and the feeling of not always thinking about when i can get high again. It does get easier and we all can get through this. Good luck! This site is a great resource for support. Thx!

Whoever said marijuana is a social addiction is obviously an id**t who hasn't done their research. I smoke weed behind closed doors and don't want to socialize AT ALL; it's my escape from having to deal with the world.

I'm on day 4 of quitting after 7 years of HEAVY smoking and I wish marijuana was a physical addiction.

I quit amphetamines after 3 years of 2-3 times daily use with ZERO relapses and ZERO problems staying on the boat. I was mentally strong and therefore able to overcome any physical obstacles through sheer willpower.

Marijuana, on the other hand, has proven to be extremely difficult because it helps repress emotional issues from my childhood that are difficult to deal with. Whenever I quit smoking I have psychotic thoughts about hurting others or myself and even though I know they are messed up I can't stop them (although it gets less intense with time, I've tried to quit before).

I smoked it for 12 Years (18-30), everyday for about 8 of those, maybe a gram or 2 a day, maybe more sometimes.

I quit 14 days ago. Withdrawals were awful, night sweats, hot flush, cold flush, dizziness and a feeling of impending doom all in the first week. Now entering my 3rd week, night sweats are not so bad, my dreams are crazy, feeling so so tired too, and very moody. When will this hell end?!?!

Hi. Its somehow good to read that i am not the only one with this kinda side-effects. For me, the worst part was insomnia but i think it wasnt because i quited smoking weed. Sleepness came earlyer. But when i stopped smoking, it was a literally f...ing nightmare. The insomnia went really bad. I didnt had a proper sleep 3 month. Avarage sleep time was like 4 hours. I had no appetite, i lost my weight totally (i am a very long and thing guy from my birth) but 70kg its definitely underweight for 2m guy.

So i started working out and tried eat as much as i can. It didn help. Then second month those sleepless night started to mess with my brain. I hadnt no controll whatsoever what i was saying. So obvious outcome was that i lost a verry pretty woman and i anti socialized from people.

Eventually i started to take anti deppressants and it worked. It worked like a charm. I was sleeping like a baby. But like a month ago, i took hit again and i started smoking again. And more heavily than before. I did like 5 joint a day and the first one made my feel high. Other was like regular smoke :/ And i cant live like this. So i quited, again and had my first insomnia night. Only one hour sleep. But i am still eating those AD-s and hopefully its still working .

Just saying that ive smoke like 6 years. And i think those 6 years are just throwed away and i cant get them back.

And i remeber when i started smoking, the high feeling i had, made me very sleepy. But now when i do it it makes me like energyzed bunny rabbit. And i dont want food or anything. No motivation whatsoever.

But the motivation lackness comes from ADD what i probably have and this is a different story.

Sooo... reallly if someone needs help, visit a doctor/shrink. It will definitely help.

Best regards from Europa

K.V

Reply to this post Useful post? 0 0

f**k if u people get this addicted to some p***y ass childs candy like weed never go any farther especially with opiates I used to be a very very heavy weed smoker tried to quit and couldn't I thought I was addicted mentaly and physicaly. Hahaha then I got into heroin I very quickly realized that the need for weed was all in my head physical addiction will destroy u in 3 months I spent 20 frikkin grand yes 20000 no typo on f*****g heroin I'm going to eventually die I'm done I don't do sh*t unless I have my fix I've lost everything I love for it and u know what I don't care. Why? Because that is still better than being dope sick. Potheads don't know sh*t about dopesickness I know I was one. All you guys need to do is find something else frikkin constructive or somthing to take ur mind off it most potheads I know don't have sh*t to do so find somthing to do. Don't make mountains out of molehills