Hello. I'm 23 year old male and I would like to find out more about some aspects of food allergy. Just recently a good friend has told me that his brother few years back developed some very serious food allergy. The allergy was so serious that it has even triggered asthma attack. Can you believe this- I couldn’t! We end up fighting about it because I didn’t agree with him.
How can some type of food trigger asthma when we all know that the triggers for asthma can be found only in air?
Does anybody know anything about this? Is there any connection between food allergy and asthma?

Hello. I know some facts about this and see that you are not so familiar with some crucial facts about these conditions.
Your friend was totally right. Food allergy can cause both immediate and delayed patterns of asthma. Food allergy can cause both immediate and delayed patterns of asthma.
You probably know that asthma is in fact one type of allergy. Asthma is one of the 3 manifestations of a pattern of allergy, called atopy.
People with food can take many possible allergens. These chemicals trigger a cascade of allergic symptoms that can affect the respiratory system, gastrointestinal tract, skin, or cardiovascular system.
90% of all food-allergic reactions are being caused with some of these types of food- milk, egg, peanut, tree nut, fish, shellfish, soy and wheat.