Hi! Few weeks ago my little son got a dog for his birthday. But I have a problem because I think that I’m allergic to dogs. My eyes are tearing, my nose is running. But yesterday I had a really big problem with breathing. How to cope with a severe dog allergy? Thanks!

You must react! Severe dog allergy attacks can be indicated by difficulty in breathing, which is similar to a severe asthma attack. If left untreated, the person’s life could be in danger. You should use antihistamines. Get an air purifier. And keep the dog out of your sleeping area and bathe him at least once a week. Good luck!

Hi There,
I don’t think that there is any treatment for this condition. Allergies are problematic because you cannot get rid of them. You will only be able to use some antihistamines in order to reduce the impact of the symptoms that you have because of the allergy. I think that you have to get rid of the dog in order for you to live a normal life. You have to avoid anything that might cause the allergic reaction in your body. I am sorry to say this but your son won’t be able to have a dog when you are allergic to them. I hope that this helped you in any possible way?

All the best,
Danella