I've been on Yasmin for two years. My gastrointestinal discomfort was always attributed to my food allergies. After a few recent bouts of illness, involving vomiting for many hours and some loose stools, my Doctor is sending me for tests because she thinks I need my gallbladder removed. At first, I did not believe her; because I am a healthy woman that pays great attention to my diet choices (eating mostly whole organic foods) and have no predisposition to gallbladder disease. However, the pain and nausea were getting the best of me, so I decided to do some online research. I'm stunned at the number of women in the same sinking Yasmin boat as me. What lies ahead for us? What the heck do you eat while waiting for possible gallbladder surgery or gallbladder recovery?. Obviously low fat foods (no eggs, cheese & creamy things...none of which I eat anyways), but what nutritious things can I eat that won't bother my gallbladder? I don't think gallstones are my issue, because I don't have acute pain. I think that this Yasmin c**p has just caused my gallbladder to become diseased like thousands of other women. Nice huh? Of course I've thrown the rest of my pack of Yasmin away and I've launched a complaint about it...as should anyone else with related experiences.

My daughter was on Yasmine for a year. She just had to have her Gallbladder taken out about 2 months ago. I saw the commercial today about Yaz and Yasmine causing Gallbladder Disease. If you only knew the hell we went through for 2 weeks after her surgery, you would never have taken the stuff and neither would she. We are thinking about seeking counsel now because of all the pain and suffering she went through, not to mention the loss of a body part that may have not needed removal.

I've noticed a pinching feeling in my right side since two or three months after starting Yaz. I have an ultrasound tomorrow... Thank you for your posts. Although you have had to suffer, I hope these post will help others someday.. Hopefully before their gallbladder needs to be taken out....
Not sure if you will ever see this, but my best to you.