I had problems with my stomach so I went to my doctor. He told me that I have gallstones and that I need to remove them. I would like to know more about this procedure. I also want to say that I feel dizziness most of the time. Is it possible that it is caused by my gallbladder disfunction?

If you think that your dizziness has become out of control you need to contact your doctor. Swollen stomach is a symptom that indicates on existing problem with gallbladder. Stones that develope in gallbladder are diagnosed with ultrasonography or by oral cholecystography. Patients with gallbladder stones have abdominal pain or pressure discomfort that can last for couple of hours. This is typical biliary colic of gallstone disease. For patients with this condition the removal of gallbladder and the stones is the best treatment. The procedure of gallstones removal is called cholecystectomy. The cholecystectomy is not needed if there are no abdominal symptoms. This procedure is performed using laparoscopic techniques or through abdominal incision. Laparoscopic procedure has advantages like shorter hospital stay, minimal scarring and faster return to normal activities. Contact your doctor about that dizziness problems and I hope that everything will be ok.

I have the same pain everyone is talking about and I have the dizziness too. Vp

i also have gallbladder problems, i get bouts of constipation for up to 2 and a half weeks. i have constant abdominal pain, nausea, spiratic vommiting, gassy, burp alot, back pain, pain around my belly button, and under lower quad section. ive had an ultrasound of my gallbladder and that was fine, ive had tons of blood work, normal, then a had a hida scan and my ejection fraction was 28% and now i have an upper and a lower gi scheduled and i just want to know what the heck is going on with me. ive lost like 13 pds in under a month, i cant eat hardly, i have no appitite, headaches, dizziness, confusion,and im constantly freezing. if anyone knows any info that would be helpful. thanks so much. you can feel free to write me at my email, addy is, ******** thank you

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

Hi - I hear you. I have been to the hospital on several occasions now for what I believe to be gall stones or a colon obstruction. I get bouts of extreme dizziness, feel like I am having a heart attack, naseous, vomity, diahrea, light headed, pain in my back. I feel like I am going to pass out. I get pain in my right side beside my belly button, sporadic spasms near my liver and soreness on my kidney on the right side.

I have had an ECG, blood tests, ultrasound, urine tests which show nothing. They keep telling me I am probably having a panic attack. I believed that for awhile but now I am getting these attacks more frequently and there is a lingering ache, pain in my right side. Sometimes it feels hot like there is an infection.

I am tired of going to the doctor and emergency room only to be sent home. Has anyone else not been diagnosed properly? What are you doing? I am just getting depressed because I feel like I used to be a fully functioning lucid human being. Now I am petrified to drive anywhere in case I get into an accident. I don't even want to go to work anymore.

I feel like there is something very wrong in my right side but no one believes me or has been able to diagnose it yet. help. I quit smoking in January - and have not smoked since. Any one else experience this?

I went through all the same things you did you can email anytime I suffered for many years and finally I was diagnosed I have a email address of a doctor you can write to and read what he has to say he was the only doctor who was able to help me when everyone else failed. God Bless Linda

ddt...have you had a hida scan? It is recommended when your ejection fraction is below 35% that you need your gallbladder removed.

Hi
yes im getting sort of the same. i have been feeling dizzy and just not right for a long while, i keep feeling like im going to pass out and only mainly get it when im on my feet. i get the swets when it occure's too. its horrible. i suffer with extreme gas and lately i have been getting small stomach pains and im feeling sick all the time when i have eaten. i get stomach acid too when all this happens and have tryed everything to get rid of it. nothing works. i have been tryed on 2 course's of osmeprisol (or however its spelt) and now they are trying me on esomeprisol, which is not working too. i have had blood tests which show nothing. my stomach area just under my right side of ribs at the front feels swollen or something, but does not hurt to press. i am scared to death of it being something really serious like stomach cancer. im only 32. could this all be down to my gall bladder? please help..

simon

going to have a hida scan on tuesday, april 24. Can someone explain what it is?

No, you're not crazy. You have a congested gallbladder....and it needs to come out. I had the same symptoms, all except actual vomiting. The rest of it is exactly the way I had it. The hide-a-scans are useless....they don't show gallstones unless they are the size of golf balls. I am almost 2 weeks post-op....they did a laparoscopic cholecystectomy.....

Yes, there is some pain and discomfort from the carbon dioxide they put in the body to better see what they are doing.... I guess the key is to walk a little -- just keep moving -- and eventually the gas will leave the system..

Hope you feel better. I really sympathize with you. I know what you're going through.

TangoD.

Hi! I just wanted to know if you were every able to figure out what was going on. My husband is having the same exact systems and he too quit smoking and shortly after fell ill. Please let me know if you found anything out. The doctors have done multiple EKGs thinking since he was having heart attack symptoms and a heart monitor, but his heart turned out to be fine. They have done blood work and MRIs and blame it on anxiety and depression. I really doubt it.

hello, i am 34 years old and for over a year i have been experiencing dizziness, stomach being uncomfortable, or overly full constantly, i almost feel as if im going to pass out, i get warm, blurry, a bit nauscious, it happens all the time, even when i am driving,,, and im a scared because i have to pull off the road until it passes, which could take a small amount of time, i feel almost dizzy like its hard to focus all day at times, i hav egone to the doctor a number of times and she tells me with out examining that it sounds like panic attacks, however i don't believe this is right, someone help, I cant find a doctor who will take me seriously and help, and im starting to feel like i am just losing my mind .... CAN SOMEONE HELP..? PLEASE

Hi all,
I have been told I need to get my gallbladder out. My Hida scan came back at 31%. I get pain, belching all the time, am sick of eating bland food, if any food. The worse thing is the dizziness. I have been to an ENT guy who says it is BPPV. I am not so sure. I would rather be partially deaf that like this. The dizziness makes my concentration poor, and really tires me out. Does anyone have any proof that dizziness is directly related to gall bladder issues.

Ta muchly,

mejavascript:emoticon(':-D')

hey! gallbadder problems are related to Celiac Disease.... and Celiac Disease is related to dizziness...trust me I know. Id put 1000 bucks on you having Celiac Disease.

Good morning. Sick again as usual. New to this forum not sure if I have to register. will post symptoms if this goes up.