I’m a 34-year old male. I’ve had a burning sensation in my groin (right above my penis) area for about 5 - 6 months. No apparent rash, dryness or unusual itchiness. Sometimes there’s a tinge of burning when I urinate. Not usually, though.

I went to the doctor and he diagnosed it as candidiasis and gave me a prescription for a cream (don’t recall the name). Used up all the cream and it was still there. So, I got a 28-day supply of Nizoral (200 mg per day). Still the burning continued. Then, I got two tubes of an anti-fungal/steroidal cream. Nothing…

Someone on a web board suggested I try Monistat. So, I bought a box of 7-day Monistat. That gave me a horrible rash after 4 days of use. The rash went away after 3 days of non-use.

The burning continues. The burning mainly occurs during the day and mainly while I’m sitting. The burning is not there when I wake up and go to the gym.

I shower and change my underwear daily. I use powder down there to absorb the moisture. I’m taking acidophoullis pills (spelling?) and Candida-formulated supplements. I also tried tea tree oil, but the odor has been banned from the house.

For a period of about 6 weeks (a couple of months ago), I cut out all sugar and carbs, but that didn’t help.

Does anyone have any other suggestions, ideas and/or comments.

You might try cutting out caffineif you drink alot and more water.I had double hernia and feel buring and pain after I've over done it.If you can find a good massage thearpist that knows more about the nerves and muscles in the groin area you might be out of wackwhere they can put them back in place.

You may want to try and to go to a Uro doc. I had similar symptoms, and the creams did not work, found out today it was Prostatitis, and gave me Cirpo now for 2 weeks to get rid of it. Hoping it works.

I have the same exact problem.. have taken all the fungus meds, creams,etc. I was told by a urologist that I am tensing the musculatur floor in my pelvic area.... this is recently studied area see this site for more info.. hope this helps..

bio-medical.com/news_display.cfm?newsid=47

Try eating yogurt, eating less sugar and meat. More fruits and veggies. yeast feeds on fat and sugar so take it's food source away. Yogurt has a good bacteria in it that seems to have an affect on yeast too.

like myself, u probably have prostitis.

these are the causes:

Quote:

1. Infection (bacteria, viruses, candida, parasites)
2. Autoimmune disorders (food allergy, candida, intoxication)
3. Delaying orgasm for unreasonably long periods (congestion)
4. Constipation
5. Long hours of sitting, lack of exercise, cold, vibration while driving a car or riding a bicycle
6. Overeating, overweight (congestion and pressure on the pelvic organs)
7. Vitamin or mineral deficiency (especially zinc)
8. Stress, overwork, lack of sleep
9. Excess of caffeine, alcohol
10. Low immunity (HIV, chemotherapy, hormone therapy)
11. Sexually-transmitted diseases: chlamydia, gonorrhea, and trichomonas (among others) and the sexually transmissible "normal" flora of the vagina or rectum.

cures

Quote:

1. Herbal Medicine - saw palmetto, pygeum, and licorice. They help to treat infection, shrink the prostate, relieve pain and congestion, and promote normal sexual function
2. Karlovy Vary Healing Mineral Water supplies more than 40 vital electrolytes (potassium, calcium, magnesium, etc.) and microelements (zinc, cobalt, iron, chromium, etc),
3. Therapeutic Prostatic Massage, aka Prostate Massage
Prostate massage can help antibiotics and herbs to penetrate the prostate, and it enhances excretion of infected fluid.
4. Healing Food Consultation is also very important in healing Chronic Prostatitis. Using the "healing power of food", we can give you a customized diet plan that was developed in European naturopathic clinics.
5. Acupuncture can improve deteriorated sexual function and increase a man's libido, ability to maintain an erection, and sexual feeling.:
6. Acupuncture variants i.e. electropuncture, magnet therapy, vibro-magnetic massage, and cupping. This non-drug method is effective for the decrease of pain, improvement of prostatic circulation and ease of urination, and diminution of stress and anxiety. In addition, acupuncture can improve deteriorated sexual function and increase a man's libido, ability to maintain an erection, and sexual feeling.
7. Body-Mind Connection is a unique service to heal diseases caused by mental and physical imbalances.
8. Bioenergetics-used to increase energy by removing mental blockages and improving Body/Mind Connection.
9. Releasing stress

my major culprits were: excessive ejaculations, sitting too long (IT job), stress among others.

i have been on PSA Caps: Prostate Specific Advantage, which has saw palmetto, lycopene etc in it for a month now and this burning has subsided subtantially. this has been welcome as i couldn't even sit for 30 minutes before the pain started

dear sir

try this.. i applied tetracylicline meication TOGETHER with an antifungal candida cream presciped with doctors.
3 times a day for 2 weeks.

if it had gone into the urethra..try doxycline and arithomizene.
for 1 week or 2 weeks.

the rest are similar practices
no carbs - no sugars
just raw fibre.
after very bath...dry GENTLY YOUR penis.
and then pull sin all the way back and let it dry with fan for ten minutes
at least 2-3 tmes a d ay

avoid alcohols..smoking altogether.
it will come back. u have to eat well. cut your meats also minimal
more veges
brocolli..grapefruit seed extract and cranberry extract - unsweetened cranbeey juice is good also.
bascially the works.
and then see how.
and give the penis a rest. no masturbation for once a week.
do it light also.
see what happens.
good luck

i don't want to make you upset or anything but have you been tested for herpes? best to rule this out and get checked out for it

I have these same symptoms. I'm wondering if anyone could confirm what worked for them.

I had a rash from July to January.  I tried all kinds of treatments and 2 doctors, nothing so I got proactive.  I read about side effects from my medication. Lipitor.  Guess what it's a side effect.  I stopped my lipitor and in 3 days I was cured.  Check to see if your meds are prolonging healing.  Check with you doctor before quitting any meds.

I had a rash and used a cream from the UK called salvation by Mama Nature. It was great for my anal itching. I also got another product from them recently called proskin athlete for men which is also great for rashes and I use it as a deodorant. I really will need to get shares in this company!!

If it burns while sitting you could have an enlarged prostate .i suggest you see a urologist.

people, if you have what i have, nothing external just internal, start by stop drinking COKE, PEPSI and acidic drinks with carbonation. Also I listened to a Dr. who said GMO' s in our food was causing a lot of internal imflamation.Please do some research on GMO's.

Parasites in the body may cause a burning sensation on the skin or in the body. Look up flukes in the liver. Look up Dr. Hulda Clark and see her products. Also you can have your doctor test your blood tested for mold.

Stress may be a big part of this all too. I am delicate and suseptible.
I stay away from wheat, all sugars (cheat with honey), and dairy.

@sportsjer_phxHi, do you still have problems? have you more information or is it still the same? And are you positive it is candida

@cim & ALLPlease look at my posts on page 3 here: https://www.steadyhealth.com/burning_sensation_in_the_groin_thigh_region_t81110.html?page=3 Are these the same symptoms you have?? more info the better.If it is when you sit, then it might be the same (when your scrotum touches your thighs/legs, which is when sitting.)