Hi! I am 23 years old, I have this problem after having sex with my boyfriend. I have this itchiness 2 months ago and I am little bit worried about this matter. My boyfriend dont know about this yet, I feel shy to open up this topic to him. Does it make sense? I want to know if there is something wrong about me having vaginal itchiness? Is this normal or not? I want to know if anyone of you can help me get rid of this itchiness. I got hard time peeing because its burning and so painful from scratching it so often. Does white color comes out is normal? I havent experienced this before that's why I wonder why I got this itchiness now. Is it UTI? I have a history of UTI before but it's cured already. I am really confused what's the cause of the itchiness. I really need some advice and help about my health. Thank you!

Considering your itchiness is accompanied by burning sensations, I would say you have an infection, possibly bacterial. Yes, the burning could be from UTI but the itchiness resembles more some of the sexually transmitted diseases.
Do you use condoms? You reported vaginal discharge as well. Is it smelly?

Most of the sexually transmitted disease are curable but you need to have it checked at the gynecologist’ office to determine which infection it is and get appropriate treatment. What works for one infection may not work for another one.

It could be Candida as well. This is a fungal infection but is not considered as a sexually transmitted disease. It is caused by the overgrowth of the fungus that already naturally live in vagina. The overgrowth may occur after prolonged sexual activity, as a result to condoms but also from excessive vaginal washing or antibiotics treatment.

It would be best to make an appointment. You don’t need to say anything to your boyfriend until you’re checked. If there is a bacterial infection, he may need to have the treatment as well. If he is your first boyfriend, he may as well passed the bacteria to you.
Ask gynecologist if he needs to have treatment as well.

Hi, thank you for the reply. Do I really need to see a doctor about this matter? Yes, he is my first boyfriend and I am his first girlfriend too. How come he passed the bacteria to me? I talked to him last night and told him about the site I found in the internet and he told me to inform him about your reply. The smell that comes out, is creamy but not sticky and has a white color like when you have it when you monthly period is getting near. And it smells like chicken noodle soup or fishy. What are the cause of sexually transmitted diseases? What are the sign and symptoms? Does excessive vaginal washing can cause itchiness? I did washed my vagina often after peeing. And even used feminine wash like LActacyd. We used condoms sometimes but we didnt had sex for a long time after I am having this itchiness. And I dont like it too because of my situation. I am scared that I might pass this itchiness to him so I am just being careful. Dont want to be blame. Is there any alternatives that I can be use other than seeing a doctor? Thank you and I am looking forward for your reply. Have a nice day!

Oh, I am sorry I didn’t know that your boyfriend was also a virgin. Sexually transmitted diseases are transmitted when one of the partners is infected. Wearing condoms prevents the spread of the virus or bacteria and that is the only protection there is.

Your symptoms do sound like some of the STD’s because STDs are usually characterized by fishy odor, vaginal discharge, itchiness.

However, this Candida that I mentioned being fungal infection is not caused by sex activities like I already told you. You could have contracted it by excessive washing. Excessive vaginal washing can kill all the good bacteria in the vagina and cause an excessive overgrowth of the fungus which in return causes such symptoms.

But Candida also needs to be treated although it is not an STD. Usually they are prescribed by a gynecologist but you may try to get antifungal suppositories in the pharmacy. You may want to ask the pharmacist to recommend something.

However, this is not a good idea. If this is not Candida, it won’t help your itching or these other problems.

yes my girlfriend and i have had sex about 8 times with condoms and 3 or 4 times without condoms but i never cumed in her, so now she is itching in her viginal area and she has white stuff coming out of her vigina and we dont know what it is she says it hurts her when she pees.do you think it could be an infection or an STD or could she be pregnat and i was not a virgin when we first had sex she was a virgin though. I had sex with 2 other people before her and i used condoms and the were clean they had no diseases,What do you think it is?Do you think it could be when i had sex with her without a condom i did not lube my penis up before we had sex and it could have gave her a rash.

This sounds like a form of Vaginitis.

Vaginitis comes in one of these forms: Yest Infections, Bacterial Vaginosis, or Trichomonas.

Typical symptoms are itchiness, burning, irritation, swelling, a change in vaginal discharge and an odor.
You may have all or just a couple of these symptoms.

As was already said, every woman has 'good' and 'bad' bacteria down there. The body is normally able to keep the bacteria in balance, but sometimes, something will happen to cause them to go out of wack.

Pelvic Exams are normally necessary to determine exactly which type of Vaginitis you may have. Since this is your first time dealing with it, I would suggest going to a doctor.

I would think that you either have a Yeast Infection or B.V. .. or possibly both.
Yest Infections are caused by a fungus, and B.V. is also caused by organisms in the body.
The biggest difference between the two is that Yeast Infections normally have a thick (cottage-cheese type) white discharge (it may have a faint yellow discoloration if it is allowed to reach the air), and B.V. normally has more milky white discharge.
Both can have cause burning or pain during intercourse and urination, but Y.I's are more likely to cause swelling.
Try not to scratch the area, this will only cause the organisms to spread further.

Anyway - Sorry for the long post.
You should try to see a doctor to clear it up as soon as possible.
B.V. is treated with an antibiotic. There are some over-the-counter treatments for Yeast Infections, but a prescription usually works best.

Oh, and, also (sorry should have posted this before), this likely has nothing to do with your sexual partner - vaginitis has been seen in virgins who are not sexually active and experienced women alike, and most every woman will have some form of vaginitis in her lifetime. So don't fret! It's very normal.

Sounds like bacterial Vaginosis. I have it right now too. I always treat my yeast infections or vaginosis with a clove of garlic shoved up there over night for about a week. I also shove friendly flora from some capsules I bought at the health food store or even a tampoon dipped in plain yogurt stops the itch fast but don't leave it in too long. Maybe an hour. That is just to hold me until I can get to the Dr. The Dr. can only tell you what it is and then give you antibiotics that may or may not cure it. If you go the antibiotic route make sure you repopulate with the friendly flora after as the antibiotics kill all the bacteria, good bad and ugly.

I did actually buy a cream off the internet that claims to cure vaginosis and the fishy smell. Called Femmesil haven't gotten it yet. It is very common when you first start to have sex with a new partner or I also used to get it when I shaved down there. Stop washing so much and repopulate your friendly flora by eating lots of plain yogurt with lactobaccillus added. I've also heard vinegar douche is helpful, I tried that today then shoved up the capsuled friendly flora. I feel way better than I did last week. Just do a google search you can find out all this stuff easy. Also I tried 4 oz of pure unsweetened cranberry juice got from the health food store. Good luck. :-)

HI MI NAME IS FATIMA IM 17 YEARS OLD....AND I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU...I HAVE LIKE TWO MONTHS THAT I BEEN HAVING THIS IRRITATION PROBLEM AND WHEN I CHECKED MY SELF I HAD TINY DOTS IN MY VAGINA..BUT IM STEEL A VIRGIN.SO I DONT KNOW THIS COULD HAD HAPPEND..HOW CAN I CURE IT?? :(

I experienced something similar to this. As it went on it became worse and worse, it turns out I have a latex allergy and I can assure you finding out after the condoms have been inside you is not the best time to find this out. Speak to your doctor, they will sort you out.