Hi, I have vaginal yeast infection, but can this condition cause abdominal pain? Is it symptom of spreading of infection in pelvic structures?

Hi, if you have vaginal yeast infection and if you are trying to put it under control, it is not much likely it is spreading to surrounding structures. But, in cases of very poor immune defense and conditions favorable to infection spreading even this possibility shouldn’t be neglected. Although they can be uncomfortable, vaginal yeast infections rarely lead to serious health problems. Treat your infection locally, but if necessary apply also systemic Nystatin, Fluconasol or some other antimycotic drug. Apply appropriate therapy until yeast is completely put under control.

I have been battle a yeast infection that is slowly becoming better but I continue to have lower back pain is this normal?

Hi there,
Yes, the yeast infection is very problematic because the symptoms might be notices in several parts of your body. For instance yeast infection in some severe cases might even be noticed inside your mouth. Now the abdominal pain is a condition that might be caused by many things so you have to understand that you will need to check other things before you can say for sure that this is just caused by yeast infection. Have you had any problems with your ovaries or maybe with your menstrual cycle? I know that menstrual cycle can affect the pain in the abdominal region. I hope that this helped you in any way.

All the best,
Danella

Hi, I just have a couple of quick bits of info that hopefully can help in some way. Yeast infections, also known as Candida Albicans, Candida overgrowth or systemic candidiasis, can be found in a surprising amount of the population. Many doctors suspect it is in 90%-100% of humans. It can be found in the mouth(white on tongue), vagina, and intestinal tract, but it can spread to other places if not kept under control. Over-reliance on antibiotics is one of the main causes, aswell as sugar/alcohol/yeast. It is often difficult to diagnose this fungi, as it is found naturally in the body and it's difficult to know how much is inside you. Many people that have this fungal overgrowth have compromised immune systems, usually from antibiotics or another infection. H. Pylori is very common, living in 66% of the worlds population, much of which is North America. Roughly 80% of people that have Helicobacter Pylori also have Candida overgrowth. H. Pylori can cause alot of problems, lower back pain being one of many. Most carriers have no symptoms, however. It is possible that the infection could have spread, though I'm not saying this is the case. Antibiotics kill the beneficial bacteria in your bowel(lactobacillus acidophilus, bifidobacterium etc), knocking your gut flora out of balance. When this happens, it sets the stage for Candida growth. It is a very opportunistic organism and can be very tough to beat. These damaged bacterium are what protect us every day from all sorts of problems. They also keep yeast in check. As far as systemic overgrowth, it can quickly morph and develop immunities to most antifungals, though apparently oregano oil is free of that burden. Antibiotics target many bacterium, fungi and viruses. But yeast does not fall into the category. Think of your gut/vagina like a garden. Lol. You want lots of variety, with the beautiful, healthy roses dominating. The occasional weed isn't a problem, but if chemicals are added, they may damage the roses and leave the weeds intact. These weeds will then take over, spreading as much as they can. Weeds are alot hardier than roses and can take quite a beating. If you're taking antibiotics, probiotics are your best friends. A great source of this is greek yogurt. Supplements are also good, but look for specific strains such as lactobacillus acidophilus. Unfortunately many people are unaware of or underestimate this growing issue. There is also a definitive link between Candida overgrowth and heavy metal buildup. I hope this stuff doesn't freak you out or anything cause that is not my intention. It is very possible that this is nothing at all like your scenario, but I truly believe that these problems are being neglected by the general public. Prevention is the best cure, which is why I said most of this stuff. Typically yeast infections wouldn't spread from the vagina, and are often handled with little trouble, but it couldn't hurt to increase your garlic intake. Garlic is a strong antifungal, antiparasitic and antibacterial, and contains prebiotics(food for the good flora). Knowledge is power, take advantage of the information age. I hope this helped, and maybe even triggered a bit of research :D

Hi i am experiencing burning and abdominal pain. Also, my vaginal area is swollen. After doing my own research i believe i had a yeast infection. However, the pain is extreme!! Can a yeast get worst over time?

did you get better? and how if you did!