I was wanting to know the signs and symptoms of a yeast infection. I went to the doctor thinking that I had a UTI, which I get frequently, and they told my that my UA came back all clear but that I might have a yeast infection. I have never had one before and how would they know without ever have seing me? I have a thick, white discharge, with a funky smell, but it's not cottage chessey like I've heard about. I have not changed partners nor do I take birth control. I did however give birth about three months ago.

Vaginal yeast infections are caused by a fungus called Candida Albicans and the yeast are small organisms that live inside the vagina and its acidic environment doesn’t let them grow in bigger numbers, but, on the other hand, when the vagina becomes less acidic, the number of yeast increases and it can cause a vaginal infection.
The acidic imbalance of your vagina is caused by your period, pregnancy, some antibiotics, birtcontroll pills etc. So as you say you have given birth three months ago, this can be the discharge you are still producing after the labor and until your period starts to be regular again. Have you got your first period after giving birth already? I haven’t got it for a few months and the only thing that was coming out of me was this thick white discharge which was natural. So you don’t have anything to worry about until it starts itching and becomes red and your genital area inflamed. Then you know you have some infection!.