I would like to hear opinions on interracial relationships. Honestly, I wasn’t even thinking about until I started dating gut with a different skin color than mine. First my parents started complaining, than my friends. I could not believe that is happening.

My opinion is that they are great experience. Not only that interracial relationships provide individuals with the unique opportunity to learn, experience, and appreciate different cultures and backgrounds, but also the opportunity to see the beauty in different nationalities and peoples. We are finally learning that the outer shell of a person does not change who they are on the inside. I believe that interracial relationships strengthen individuals and build harmony between different races.

Okay For 1. My Grandma is completely racist...she doesnt approve at all of my sister ,24,....who is marrying an African American Man, also 24, In May...But i think they are a cute couple and the guy is really nice. I am 14, but I had a serious...(well as serious as they come @ 14) bf, who was african american and my grandma hated it. I think my mom was...but after knowing my sisters fiance for 5 years, shes over it and loves robert as well...I think that no matter race or color, you have one person in the world you are meant to fall in love with... :-P

You're grandma isn't racist. What is she objected to the guy being a fat ? What is she objected to the guy having tatoos up and down his body ? What if she objected to the guy because he was real short ? None of that would mean she's biased right ? But as soon as it comes to race, you can't object because you must be racist. How can you people in the USA be so brainwashed.

Secondly (and this is true) many black men want to impregrnate a white woman because it's the ultimate fantacy. Getting a feminine (copared to most black women) white woman, an act previously thought to be impossible. I don't fully understand why white women want a black man. Many admitting their higiene is worse compared to most white men.

However the same scenario happens when it comes to white men and Asian women. A white man loves the thought of getting an even more feminine, exotic woman with beautiful skin. I date Asian women and I can honestly say thay tell me I'm much more romantic and give them much more respect than any Asian guy they dated. To my surprise, they all like the idea of having a mixed child. Most of the women told me asian-white children are beautiful and smart. I should also say have better immune systems. But I don't want kids with these women. They are just a prize to me, I admit. Just like a white woman is a prize to a black.

I'm not American, so I have nothing to do with your racial issues. But I spent some time there. Americans are obsessed with race. I also noticed that it is a big nono to be critical of blacks and jews. Why ? Thought you guys promote equality ? Equal opp for praise, equal opp for criticizm, right ? Europeans don't get it. It also might explain why Americans think Europeans don't like Jews.

hey this comment is just to misiu, i kindaaa see wat ur saying but to be honest i think your view on things is a lil bit warped considering how your talking about black guy's supposed fantasies n personal hygiene.. In my view, (a person of both irish and moroccan nationality), its extremelyyyy racist to make a comment like that whereby your stereotyping everyone of a particular race and painting them with the same brush if ya kno wat i mean.. anyhu thats just wat i think! :-).. oh n ps it soooo is possible that the granny is racist coz she cud easily dislike him coz of how she was maybe brought up to dislike people of other races. n that's quite common with a lot of elderly people who haven't been to school in times of political correctness lol :-)

I think there is nothing wrong with it. I am in a relationship with someone who is West-Indian, I'm mixed, white and hispanic. As long as you're both happy who cares about race? I kind of understand why older people have a problem with it. They grew up in different times when it was unacceptable to date someone from another race. I dated a black man for two and a half years. My grandma, who is 80, knew about it and she hated it. My parents didn't mind, well my dad did a little but he accepted it. It's sad when people are against it, but as long as the two people in the relationship love eachother and they are happy then it shouldn't matter what other people think.

I think its ignorant and pathetic really that in todays world we still have these prejudices floating around. Ultimately if you date someone that is new to a country, there may be huge cultural differences and traditional beleifs, and YOU MAY or MAY'nt be destined for failure. My grandad, bless his soul, lived in an era where the Japanese were ostresized because of the wars and what have you. He boarded them in his house with his family and held is head high.
The world is already too sick to be worrying about someones skin color, can we not put this energy somewhere esle.
There is NO SUCH thing as reverse racism either, racism is simply that.
There is no excuse to teach or folow in HATES path.
You have bad people in each race, and they win when we don't see it that way, when we hide them behind our "ignorant upbringings."
Mind you however I coution people who are dating strictlly to prove something or because of a fad, be who you are, love who you will and smile at everyone, we dont know what life has dished them today.
don't use the past, and out ancestors hardships as a crutch, black native, jews asians, and yes even whites, most people have stories of famine, abuse, disaster, tragedy, loss and hardships somewhere in their past, due to either another "people" or daily trials. Its time to stand up and stop real issues like starving babies anywhere in the world, like people being set afire, your born, and you don't get to choose. and thats that.
Good luck but make sure you like or love before you date ANYONE period. As for granny, well she may never change and thats her right, but truely she is missing out on a million good people out there.

everyone is equal until someone shows you otherwise. no one should even care or think about that if were all people were all equal if someone says there better or thinks that is one way of being able to tell if there a little bit worse. people who think there better then another person especially over race makes em worse then people who can treat each other with respect

I've never seen anything wrong with interracial relationship, we're all human beings the color of the skin doesnt matter. Eventhough, my mom is racist and she tried all her life to make me racist. I believe that people of different cultures and colors can love each other and learn to deal with their differences.

For right now, I'm just going to call you what you are. An ignorant f**k! Because I don't have the time nor energy to fill you in on reality. I'll come back later to state my case.

Interracial relationships are unnatural. You don't see lions and tigers mating together, or leopards and cheetahs, yet they are all the same species. Different races were created for a reason and not trying to preserve them is wrong. No, interracial relationships aren't cute at all! As a matter of fact I forbid my kids to ever date anyone whom isn't completely white.
Usually those whom are obsessed with interracial dating don't know anything about their culture and heritage, that's why they don't see anything worth preserving. I mean, how would someone even attempt to preserve something he/she knows nothing about?

For one you cant make your children only like a certin person. its there chocie there life. there the one thats going to be waking up to them each moring .NOT YOU. So you cant stop somone even if it is your child to love somone. And just cause you have a differnt skin color doesnt mean s***t we are all the same color underneath and we are all human. Theres irrogent white people, black people, mexican people. ect so there is also good in every race

I'm sure you're a little rusty on your biology, lions and tigers are NOT of the same species. Inter-racial marriage only strengthens the HUMAN race genetically speaking. I am from West Africa, I am very proud of my culture and heritage and I think i know a lot about the mixed culture and history of U.S compared to some of it's citizens.

Ok im mixed and i am dating a black guy, and i know a lot about both of my sides. There is nothing wrong interacial dating!! nothing! I think parents who oppose their children of dating outside their race are selfish. How do you expect to learn about different cultures and haritages if they dont meet some one different? What if this person is white but they dont find white people very attractive or there is something about blacks or any other race that they find attractive? You cant judge them on that, this is what they feel in their heart. Like I said I'm mixed and honestly, I dont date white people. I find nothing wrong with them but my taste is more towards blacks. I have absolutely no problem with any other race, its just what my heart feels.

You seem to be just as obsessed with race as any American! And perhaps the reason you don't see the racism behind people's actions is because you seem to be rather racist as well - as an Eurasian (biracial) woman I've been at the receiving end of racist comments and actions and it isn't fun. Also, how can you possibly assume that all black men only think of white women as a prize? That is so twisted (also the hygiene remark was way below the belt).

And do you know why it's a big no-no to be critical of African Americans and Jews? It's cause throughout history, people of those ethnicities have faced enough of criticism and hate. Maybe everyone should just let them be for a bit?