I'm 13 almost 14 and i still haven't started my periods most of my friends have started and i'm a bit worried can someone please help me

There's nothing to worry about. Every women's body will developpe and change at diffrent ages. I as well developped at later time than all my friends, I started my first period 5 months before I turned 14 yrs old.
My sister started her period when she was 15yrs!

That is normal.

I was wondering the same question when I was in your ages. I haven't started my period when I was 14 and I was sure that something is not OK with me.

All girls were talking about this and I couldn't so they convinced me that I am not normal and that I need to have my period when I am 14. 

I was talking to my mom and she told me that this is normal, but just to calm me she took me to the doctor.

He also explained to me that every girl is different and that our bodies are growing up and developing at the different rates.

Keep this on your mind.

I got mine when I was 15 years old and 6 months. 

hi,
don' t worry i am nearly 14 too and i havnt started, everyone is different. All my friends have started and i think they will laugh at me if i say i havnt started.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Icemaid3,

You might want to ask your mom what age she was when she started? It won't mean that's the age you will start but can give you an idea of when you may start (remember you have genes from your father too)

If you are really really worried, talk to your mom about it, ask her if you could go talk to your family doctor.
You may be embarrassed or feel stupid asking but that's natural. it's good you are talking about it.

I remember dying to start my period. My older sister got hers when she was 14 so she was surprised when I got mine somewhere in my 12th year. (not to rub it in, just want to point out how even women in the same family can be different ages when they first start.

Good luck and if you have anymore questions, don't hesitate. If I can answer them, I will.
:-)

thank you for helping me,
im vey worried do you start after your boobs have grown?

no they dont start when your boobs have grown, all girls start at diffrent times....i started when i was 11 but dont worry you will get yours soon. and be happy while you dont have it yet lol they arent that fun to deal with. iv talked to a few of my freshman friends and they are 14 or 15 and some havent had them yet either so dont worry :-)

id say when you are 16 or 17 and havent got a period yet then you might want to talk with a doctor but for now dont worry at all you should be perfectly fine

Thanks for helping me people and about 15 days ago i had my first period so i guess i didnt have to wait too long ^_^ but I thank all of you who helped me

I'm 12 and I havn't started my period. Why? My bestfriend started at age 11 and I feel lonley. Almost all the girls in my grade have started but not me......

ACTUALLY, it depends on your genetics. I did not start until 13..

:'(
i feel like i'm not growing and i aint started my period i mean every in my class has and i haven't and my mum started when she was 13 and i am 13 now.
i keep on getting some white substance in my knickers is that bad or good, i'm trying to put a brave face on but it ain't working. :-(
signed
there no point in life.

I am 13 to and all though i have only realy just turned 13 i have been worried for a couple of years now i havent started yet either and i ahve no signs what so ever is this normal? I have noone to talk to it makes me feel very upset and it is a common topic at my school.
But worst of all alot of teachers talk about low fertility not meaning to scare anyone with the same problem but this worrys an awful lot, anyone got any tips for making me worry less?
bubbles xxx

Tiggerbubbles xxx

I'm middle 13 and i'm not petit i'm not large, i have not yet started, i get stressed quite easily and this doesn't help.
Talking about having children and periods is a very common subject amungest my friends and i generally find it hard not to break into tears. I seem to be growing fine but i just don't understand why i'm so late. I know that many people start late but i don't feel like i should, and having children is top of my life ambitions.
The worst tihng is when i finally tell somone they alweays say its nothing to be looking forward to nothing special, this jsut makes me tihnk i shouldn't of told you.
I have had absoulatly no signs and not only i want to why this is happening or not happening.
Is they're anyway to control my feelings, i'm defitnetly getting seriously wound up about it and with my gcse's in 1 week this is somthing i realy don't want to be deealing with.

bubbles xxx

Tiggerbubbles, there is nothing for you to be upset about. It is very common for girls to get their first periods late, even much much later than you. However, getting a late first period is NOT an indication of less fertility in your adult life. I am not an expert or anything, but I have done quite some reading and I have never found any studies talking about some correlation between first periods and fertility later in life.

With that in mind, you should not have to worry about anything. By the time you are ready to start having kids, by which time your periods will surely have started, you will be just as fertile as if you have had your first period at age 11! As such, you will be able to achieve your top life ambition, even if your first period takes its time before arriving.

Oh and in case you don't wish to put all your hopes on articles and books, perhaps a life example will help you more. One of my good friends from highschool had her first period about 2 months after she turned 15. Right now, she is 26 years old, married, and with a two-year-old daughter. She had no trouble conceiving once she and her husband decided to start trying.

Meanwhile, if you feel sad about the mere fact that all your friends have had it and you haven't, feeling like you are left behind in terms of growth, then the only thing I can say is this:
Keep in mind that the period is only one part of your body's growth. You cannot really do anything to change how fast it'll start, so just concentrate your energy on your health in general. As long as your body is growing up healthily, you are fine. As far as I can tell, having a period start late is a lot better than, say, stop growing taller beyond 4'2" or something ;-)