Okay im 13 and i havent started my period. I know we all start at different times i just have a few questions. I know a sign your about to start is like a clear or yellow substance come out but does it come out in like a big blob or just like a little because i think i mite be getting that but its only a little. Also I have a really fast matabolisem and i would probably be considered pretty skinny but not short. I probably dont eat as much fruits and veggies as i should...would that effect anything

if you could help ill love your forever :-)

you'll start getting discharge which will be a whitish - cream colour and no its not a big blob, but a small amount!

you can get this for a long time before you start your periods! it will happen eventually and you'll have them for so many years that you wont want to rush into it!

i doubt your metabolism or fruit and veg intake will affect it, you start your periods when you hormones start to be secreted that cause them! it does vary in everyone and between family members so try not to worry - that could cause them to delay!

just make sure you have some pads or tampons with you just in case :-)

i am 15 years old and i havent started my period yet...Ive grown boobs already, i have under arm hair, and vaginal hair. and i have discharge.My mom started her period when she was 11. and my little sister started hers before me and she is 13. i dont know when im going to start but i hope i do , so i can get it over with.

Hey Tessa! I wouldn't worry too much about not having started your periods yet, you have a couple more years before you should start to worry about them.

Some girls start them later than others and i said before it varies between family members. If you don't start them by the time you're 18/19 then that would be the time to go and see a doctor, but until then don't worry.

Sometimes stressing about starting them can delay the process, it already sounds like you're well into puberty so i don't think it will be too much longer. You'll probably have periods until your in your 50s so the longer you go without them the more grateful you'll be. They are an annoying part of being a women unfortunately!

Be patient little grasshopper, i never started mine until i was 16!!

Once you get it, you can't send it back. It interferes with your social life, it stands in the way of swimming, (tho u can) u may be blessed with cramps, (i was) PMS, the whole nine yards.

U have all the tell tale signs that it will soon make it's introduction into your life, won't be much longer now. Be sure to carry a pad in your purse and u may want to leave one in your locker at school. U could also wear a panty liner now just in case you get it and not realize it. I could pretty much show up at any time, any place, so you would probably like the idea of saving your panties from a stain.

Age varies, just cuz your mom started hers at 11 means nothing. Mine came at 16, oldest daughter at 14, second daughter 14 and 3rd daughter at the age of 12, we are all different.