im 16 and haven't started. ive been for tests and everything 'working' fine. all of my friends have started. what signs are there to maybe show that your periods about to start? and is there anything i can do to make it happen sooner?!

I was about 16 and a half when mine started so try not to stress about it as that can actually delay your period. Like you. I went to the doctors to find out if something was wrong and they told me to come back if I hadn't had it by age 17.

I know how you feel when it comes to all of your friends having it. It makes you feel a bit defective but as a person that has been where you are, I can say that in hindsight, I'm glad I got it late cos now its just a nuisance. You're probably already experiencing the signs such as discharge and signs can vary but I know that when my period is about to arrive I'll feel bloated, gassy (I know GROSS!!!), and tenderness in my breasts.

You just have to let your body do its thing in its own time unfortunately. Good luck with it!

Sometimes young women who weigh a bit less than "normal" start their periods later.  I was 14.5, and extremely thin (my DNA).   I know that is 2 years ahead of you, but it was still rather late.   Also, some young women who engage in a lot of heavy duty physical activities, such as long distance running, don't have many periods, or maybe none at all.  I have no idea if you are in that category.  You don't mention having any eating disorders, but sometimes young women who do have no periods. 

You didn't mention that you have seen a gynocologist, but it would be a good idea.  You need reassurance one way or the other, and you probably need to establish a relationship with one so that s/he can keep an eye on you, and establish a sort of baseline of your physical development .

it sounds crazy, but my aunty started her period at the age of 18.
i started mine when i was 12 and one of my friends started at 8 years old..
we are all different!

if you are really worried go see a gyno!

if you are sexually active, make sure you get pap smears and use protection anyway!

Im in exactly the same position!! im 16 and still havent started, everyone i know has! ahhhhhh i dont know what to do :/ getting a little worried cause im really healthy!

Ok so I'm guessing you girls are worried of what it could be.. It's most likely that your body isn't ready yet.. But it could also be endometreosis (which I have and do does my mother/ I got mine very heavy my mother never got her periods) it could be polycystic ovaries, it could be diabetes or an insulin deficiency, or perhaps a thyroid issue..

If you have these things there is usually other symptoms.. All you can really do is talk to your doctor or see a gyno and they will take the necessary tests needed..

Thank you! thats actually really good to know. It is scaring what it could be, but im just hoping im a late start... I really want kids when im older..

Thanks again :)