I haven't had my period yet and i want to know what are the things i have to do or know when it starts

its ok im 12 i havent had my period all my friends have thought so has my sister she is 9 dont worry the time will come :$

Uggh me neither! It is soooooo frustrating! All my friends have had one and my 9 year old cousin had one just the other day and I've been looking up why the heck my body hates me!!! It just takes time >>I've read<< but I can't wait!!! :'( together we shall wait!!!!!

I also read stress is a problem

Hi all

No need to worry, many girls get their periods later in their adolescence. It all depends on your individual genetic time clock. Ask your mother how old she was when she got her first period - this will give you an idea of where your genetic time clock might be.

Oh, and make sure you're not too skinny - researchers suspect that a girl's reproductive cycle may be switched 'on' not just by your internal clock, but also by the presence of sufficient fat stores to be able to support a pregnancy.

Good luck!

I wouldn't worry about not having your period at 12, a lot of girls won't get their periods until their 14 so it's not an issue that just because some of your friends do, and your friends 9 year old cousin is very unlucky I'll be honest.
The best thing to do is just be prepared, always have a pad with you I didn't when I started and it was right before I was about to go run a 200 meter sprint race for my school.

I was 13 when i first started mine. Trust me, it's nothing to look forward to. I was so ancious cuz both my older sisters had their periods at a younger age and i wanted to start so bad. I guess I thought it would make me feel more grown up or something. it didn't take long for me to want it to go away lol. So I would be patient and enjoy not having it because i'm sure once you start, after a while you'll get tired and grumpy and crampy and want it to go away but it always comes back.

With what I remember, I was either 12 or 13 (I think!) I have a friend who is 17 and JUST started it... I think she's pretty lucky. Once you have your period, you won't think you were so unlucky when you didn't have it. I personally wish I hadn't started my period around this time. Another friend is 16 and still is yet to have her first period. Women/girls start their periods at different times. I have a friend who started at 8. She was so excited at first, but trust me. YOU DON'T want it so early! My mom is a Urologist, so from her experience, she says its normal anywhere from the young age of 8-17. It usually runs in the family the age that one started their period, so if your still worried, ask your mom about when she started. When one has their period, they can get VERY crabby to say the least! Hope I helped! :-) Good luck! :-)

Oh little babies... Stop wishing for your period. Once it comes you will dread it! I promise. I was a lucky one and didnt start till i was 16, but once you do you have to worry about pregnancy and all that stuff..(i had a baby at 18) :-) so enjoy adolencense while you can. If you really that worried about it keep a pad or some tampons with you. :-) Good luck.

MommyD is sooo right on here. Once you get your period your stuck with it for the next 40 some years or more. I know the anxiety that you feel and this is normal, but trust me, it's not all that it's cracked up to be.
I couldn't wait for mine, which i never got until i was 15 by the way. My girls all got theirs between 12 and 13. One suffers with cramps, the other from missed periods and the third is always at least or 3 or 4 days off schedule.
So my dear, soon enough you will wake up one morning and it will greet you. Now remember, once you get it for the first time, you may not get it again for a few months or more. It usually takes less than 6 months for a young lady to start to notice a pattern where she becomes scheduled.

I can tell you that my sister felt the same way and then once she got her period, she regretted waiting for it so much! I know that you're probably very eager to grow up but don't worry...time will do that for you. :-)

You know what? You're really lucky not to have your period. You want to know why? I'll tell you EXACTLY why.
I'm twelve, too, and I went to school this morning with my friends and all of the other good stuff, and... well school, duh.
Guess what happened. I leaked SO badly through my pants; and yeah, I started to cry a bit.
It was embarrassing. Especially when this happens.
So my friend and I walk out of the bathroom this morning, and I'm complaining about the situation. Guess who comes up from behind me?
My boyfriend. He see's me with my face so red, and probably saw my blood on my pants... So.
Freaking
Embarrassing.
When I didn't have my period, I wish I had it too.
When I do have my period now, I wish I didn't have it.
Be careful what you wish for, hun. (:

I am twelve and I haven't started and i am really frustrated because my best friend did and she is able to tell me all about it. I was almost to the point of tears. I am also SUPER flat-chested I wear a 32A and my friends is in a B cup. :$

i am 11 and my sisters say you dont want it they told me all about it and should be prepared. so dont wait for it! :D :) :o :P

Im really skinny and i dont eat so well im attully really woried that i wont start :'( i no pple say its not tht good anyway but i want to have children when im older i dont no wot to do xx

Its a curse dont wish for it to come wish for it NEVER to come ! its fikken anoying >;)