Before summer I weighed my self in a sports store, and then I was around 61 kg (134 pounds). Two months ago I bought my own weight and saw that I weigh 56-57 kg (124 pounds). Yesterday in the morning I weighed myself and for the first time I was down at 54 kg (119 pounds), but I usually weigh 55-57 kg.

- I've been through about six weeks of emotional stress some months ago.

- Before summer I exercised 1 hour a week. From after summer I've been doing approx. 3 hours.

- I have very good digestion, if that is the right word.

Isn't weight loss abnormal as a teenager in growth? My mother can see that I'm thinner, but she's not concerned. Should I seek medical treatment?

Hello, commodent. It does sound like your extra exercise is responsible for your weight loss. You are burning more calories (about 3x as much) so this would explain the pounds lost.  You said you had some stress for 6 weeks as well so you may have ate less at that time.  If you want to gain some of the weight back, you may want to eat more food to compensate for all of the activity you are doing.  As a growing teenager, you should be eating more, and make sure it is healthy food, not junk food. Good luck, commodent!

Thanks for reply. I am a little worried. Now there have been two weks with holday , ive been no physically active and i have eaten a lot of bad food. Despite this, it almost seems like I have lost weight, but Im not aure because it goes so much up and down. Sorry for the bad writing, but the ipad isnt really coorporating

If you haven't had a health physical in a while, it would be a good idea to get one. Then the doctor can assess you and determine if there needs to be any blood work done.

I will do that, but you don't think it is anything serious? I see some websites says unintentional weight loss is a major symptom of cancer.

I forgot to mention that I'm about 173 cm high

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

You haven't mentioned any other symptoms so I think you should be fine.  If you want to go to the doctor, you can so you are able to put your mind at ease.  Good luck!