I have been worried. I had protected sex 14 days ago condom didnt break but I registered that any leak was me. Because after sex, which was right after my last period. I felt something leak out of me which left me confused because i didnt see any breaks or tears in the condom when he pulled out. I have been working and doing much outside of work... but I have never felt extreme tiredness like this. I'm usually pretty energized. Its been a month so maybe My period is coming but this is out of the ordinary. So my plan since tomorrow is 15 days after the sex I would get a test tomorrow morning since this one may be more accurate. But let me know what exactly I am worrying about. Is it worth worrying? Is it more so a risk of pregnancy, or is it just me working like crazy..

Hi Guest,

10 days is too early to test and expect an accurate result.  You need to wait AT LEAST 14 days - or longer.  The tests default to "not pregnant."  It takes time for the hormone level to rise high enough to be detected.

Retest and use your first morning urine.  It does make a difference.  Remember, testing early false negatives are very common.  False positives are rare.

The tests are not fool proof and are only really accurate when it says you are pregnant.

Saying that, your symptoms are NOT specific to pregnancy.

Hope it helps.

hey reply I took a test with my first year in this morning as you advised it is 15 days after the intercourse and it came out negative.. that should be my definite response ,correct?

It should be accurate, yes. Remember though, false negatives are common.

You said your period is coming. If it's "normal" and with the negative test it would be very unlikely you are pregnant.

So what should I trust more? Because it would be pointless to take pregnancy tests anyway if no one can trust them to be as accurate as they say. I have tingly breasts and fatigue thats on and off.. not consistent symptoms but each tim ei test its negative.. what should I believe more?

You use both, the test and your period. If you are pregnant you won't have a period but you can have bleeding. That's why we ask if it was a "normal" period.

The longer you wait, the greater the accuracy of the home test.

I took a test 10 days after unprotected sex it came out negative.During intercourse he was dry the whole time .He didn't not enter in me he didn't even ejaculated.I've been feeling nervous and dizzy and everytime I burp acid reflectes comes out.could I be that I'm thinking about it too much or could i be pregnant.?by the way it been 18 day's snice I last took the test