Im just turning 18 am this is very scary for me. I have a boyfriend and we ALWAYS use protection, but im always end up being scared. Yesterday I took a pregnancy test in the evening, it was negative... But i have to go to the bathroom a lot, my period is irregular so I havent had it in 4 months. my doctor gave me pills to get my period started so I can start taking anti-baby pills cause I have polycystic ovaries. So im in the middle of taking pills for startin the period and my ovaries hurt..I dont have any other symptoms. Someone said to me that if the test is negative then ure 100% not pregnant.. is that true, can i still be pregnant? please help.

Hi Guest,

False negatives are VERY common with a home pregnancy test.  You really should be taking it first thing in the morning too.  Your urine is more concentrated then so it is more likely to give you an accurate result.

You can get a false negative by testing early as well.

Good luck.

What are the chances that I got pregnant only by precum?

It can happen but if he has NOT recently ejaculated, as in since the last time he urinated, it is considered unlikely.

You need to wait at least 2, preferably 3, weeks after having sex for the tests to be accurate.

Just going to the bathroom a lot does not mean you are pregnant. Since you are irregular, the pregnancy test is your likely best option.

Hang in there.