Hi! I have huge problem with my health. I felt often abdominal pain, early satiety, nausea, and vomiting. So I went to doctor. After exam, tests, and other tortures they said me that I have 5 cm Hemangioma on Liver. What is cause of Hemangioma on Liver? What is worse complication? Please tell me the true.

Hi! The cause of liver hemangioma is not completely understood. Hemangiomas are probably congenital in origin. Hereditary factors may play a role in the pathogenesis of some familial forms. Spontaneous or posttraumatic rupture is a catastrophic complication that occurs in about 1-4% of hemangiomas;

I was just wondering if anyone has had an MRI that was read incorrectly? The reason I ask is that my husband initially had a CT scan done that the radiologist read as suspicious for cancer. He then went for the MRI and was told it was hemangioma which as you can imagine was a very happy day, but my concerns still linger only because he has lost approximately 20 pounds since this whole episode started. Just as an added attraction they found that he had only a 24% functioning heart which they are attributing to a heart attack he had in the past and must have just ignored. I cannot find any information stating there is weight loss due to this though. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks