My father is diagnosed with colon cancer spread to liver meaning with liver metastases. Of course he’ll be having a surgery but I’d like to know if this surgery is going to help him. I’ve already heard some no optimistic prognosis such as he has maybe 6 months to live and that’s it. Is there anyone who had experienced colon cancer spread to liver or knows someone who had it. Thx.

Hi there. It’s my husband who had colon cancer that has spread to liver and had a surgery three years ago. What he does now is that he goes yearly on his regular colonoscopy and it already happened twice that he needed to remove some polyps out of his colons walls after the surgery. These follow ups are of big importance for the cancer not to come back for these polyps are actually precancerous condition that develop for years in your colon until finally they become cancer that may spread beyond the colon which is the case with your dad. I don’t know if your dad have small or large number of these liver metastasis but they can be removed too. I’ll tell you how the surgery was for my husband he first had removed the colon cancer and nearby lymph nodes. Then after 7 weeks he went to have surgery again but this time he removed liver metastases so actually his colon cancer surgery had two phases followed by chemo and one of the chemo was given to him directly into the liver. He feels much better now though he suffers from these colon polyps occasionally but that’s why he’s advised to have colonoscopy every year just to check how the things are going. And he’s still alive, thank God. I don’t know for your dad what his liver metastases are alike but I hope the best for him.

My father started out with colon cancer was in remission for 2 years and then it came back spreading to his lungs, liver, and kidneys. He also has a tumor in his neck. He had 6 months when it happened which was 2004 and he is still fighting. They call him the miracle patient... just keep him positive and he will keep fighting. That is the only advice i can give you.

My dad was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2003 that had spread to his liver. He then underwent surgery to remove the tumor from his colon and to resection his liver. About a year or so later the doctors found that it had spread to his lungs. I am happy to say that in 2007 he is still fighting the good fight and has kept a positive attitude through everything. We have spent the last 4 years spending alot of time together doing things we never had time to do before. My advice is to stay as positive as you can and to be there for your dad. I wish you the best!

Thanks so much for your article because i just found out today that my dad colon cancer has spreaded to his liver i didnt know it had even spread until today i feel so sad and my heart heavy about finding out im going to keep trusting in the lord he will see us threw its hard im going to keep being postive and be here like i have been