Im 7 months postpardum now and my nipples are leaking a clear sticky like fluid. I only beastfed my son for 1 month so I would think after 6 months they would have stopped excreting fluid. Im not taking birth control pills and havent for about 3 months now. So why are they excereting this fluid? Should I be worried and see a doctor? Please Help! :-(

Hi. I'm almost 40, and my last child was born nearly 11 years ago. I find I occasionally still have leakage of colostrum (you know, the clear-ish, yellow-ish protein-rich pre-milk stuff that your body produces when you are expecting?) every now and then just prior to my period. It occurs in direct response to a hormonal upset, for example, when my daughter came back home to live with us for a while, my period went all out of whack, to match hers. That's how you can tell we are indeed animals! She was the alpha female, the highly reproductive 19 year old, and I was the washed up, tube-tied 39 year old, and my hormones went for a spin! My breasts leaked colostrum, and my period was late. I was certain I was pregnant!! o.O
Since then, it has also happened when I spent a women's weekend retreat, and was surrounded by many, many women. Again, I took my place in the pecking order by my period being a little late and my boobs oozing!
I'm guessing that having a baby, going on the pill, going off the pill, etc. has confused your hormones a little, and it is truly nothing to worry about!
Looking again, I see your post is almost a year old, so you've probably sorted it out by now anyway.
Good luck!