I am 73 yrs of age and have been on Ferrous Sulfate about 5 months. It has helped me with an increase in Ferrous and Vitamin B12, but I notice a significant weight gain. Can this be attributed to the iron supplement?
Thank you,

Ferrous sulfate is the most common type of iron supplement.
Other available forms include ferrous fumarate, ferrous succinate, ferrous gluconate, ferrous lactate, ferrous glutamate, and ferrous glycine.

I've experienced the same problem. I gained about 8 lbs. over a 3 month period while exercising and not overeating. There seemed to be a strong connection to the iron and weight gain for me. Incidentally, I went off the iron this past week and have already dropped about 3.5 lbs. Information that I've read suggests that there is no connection, but I've seen too many postings to the contrary.

I started taking iron pills two months ago. My diet and exercise routine are the same, yet I am almost ten pounds heavier since starting the pills. I am actually started exercising more, but the weight gain has been steady since the iron.

my 4 year old dughter has started an iron med with FERROUS FUMARATE in it. she has put on waight so fast the doctor sayd its not down to the meds

i am awating a call back from the maker of the medican as the gpdont want to know

Am taking ferrous 200mg was on 1 x 3 a day for a momth, then 1 x 2 a day for a month, now on one a day and I have gained weight!! Driving me nuts!!! Am a vegetarian and eat little power foods. Was 103 now 107 and rising (am less than 5ft) it is all aroung my tummy. I feel very bloated and off balance. Don't know what to do? My hair was thinning so badly due to stress, not lack of protein as I had that all checked out....go bald or be fat? That is the question.