So Im 5 weeks pregnant and on Wednesday I had my first prenatal appointment, which included an internal exam and a vaginal ultrasound. On Thursday morning I started spotting a light pink, then Friday it turned to brown , and yesterday it turned into bright red. Its lighter than a period but heavier than normal spotting but it includes "some"clotting as well but no cramping. I called my doc yesterday and she said it was just normal to bleed with red in the first trimester so no need to worry but the clots are worrying me like crazy. Any ideas whats going on in my body?

hi the same thing happen to me i started bleeding and crampin big time i would put a pad on and less then 5 minutes the pad was full of blood i went to the hospital and i had a miscarrige 4 months pass by and i got pregnant again im 5 weeks pregnant and i spotted a little bit of blood and i went to the doctors they he checked if my cervix was closed and they took out blood something about my hormone if its going up or down well i went back to get my blood results and they said the hormone level is in 125 and it suppose to be twice as that but probably it was to soon and they took out blood again to see if it will go up it will be good but if it goes down its bad they have to end my pregnancy cause the baby is not growing when he said that i was shittin bricks i got really nervous that i dont feel pregnant no more and i dont have any symptoms probably cause im nervous but i still little bit hungry not like the 1st day im scarred dont know what to do .

hey there.

i totally understand what u are going threw right now. i had a miscarraige in april of 05 and i just got pregnany again. im 5 weeks now and i noticed a little spotting this morning. i went to the doc and she had my blood taken to check my levels, i have to go back on monday to get them checked again. i had cramping a few days ago and i have minor stomach aches now. its so hard to have to wait 72 hours to find out if i am miscarrying. good luck to you all.

I am 5 weeks pregnant and bleeding. Started as light spotting last night and today I've had to wear tampons all day. I went to the OB and he did a vaginal ultrasound. We saw the baby sac! Which was great, but he also said there is still a 50% chance of miscarriage. So now all I can do is wait... In 2 weeks I'm scheduled for another ultrasound unless the bleeding picks up and contiues for more than 5 days... I hate waiting. 2nd pregnancy, no bleeding with the first.

My OB specifically directed me NOT to use tampons when bleeding during pregnancy. Just FYI

hi im 5 weeks pregnant, went for first docs appointment on wednesday and had blood taken, i have now been bleeding about 2 weeks now and mentioned it to doc and he said it could be early miscarriage but still got tender breasts and can see veins pretty well too.. have read articles about this online, im hoping its not a miscarriage as i lost a boy in 2005 thru a disease called menkies (lack of copper in his blood) gotta go back on monday for more tests

All the post are from september last year, I would like to know if you guys have your babies with you right now or if the bleeding was something wrong.

Thanks! o.O

I have two kids and had pretty normal pregnancies with both. However, I got pregnant a third time and had a miscarraige.

I started bleeding at five weeks (right after finding out I was pregnant). I had no morning sickness and I was not tired at all. Both of these things occured with my first two. My breast also started to enlarge, which didn't happen until the end with the other pregnancies (not sure if it is relavent or just a difference in pregnancies). It started out as a light brown spotting (which is normal) then it got a little heavier, I needed a pad, but only had to change them for sanitary reasons (they never got full). I went to the ER, they did blood tests (hormone level was 750, it was low), ultrasound and vagial ultrasound. The baby was still in place, but no heart beat could be detected (but it was still early). Two days later, I started cramping and had cramps in my lower back. I started bleeding heavy (like a period). Then not too long after tissue passed (sort of a white translucent tissue). I continued bleeding for about a week, including heavy blood clots. I went back to the doctor to get checked out and I did have a complete miscarriage. Following that, my hormones were off balance, but had no other pain associated with it. Very strange to have two kids and then a miscarriage. We were told to wait three months before trying again.

I have just read all the comments and now is really scared, am 5wks pregnant, started with browish blood now it is red and getting more. went to the doc's today, he has taken a blood sample will ring back tomorrow, do you think i am misscarring???????

im 5 weeks 4 days LMP and yesterday i started bleeding.
my HCG is just 99. and my doctor said it needs to be checked again after 3 days
im on bed rest now and im still bleeding like a menstruation,
it started as pinkisn brownish then now its red but no cramping or whatsoever.
we dont wanna lose this baby :-(
i hope all our little one's are fine inside..

I am/was also 5 weeks pregnant. As I went to the bathroom earlier I noticed a brownish spotting it has lasted for a few hours now. I called my midwife and by the time she called me back I had started cramping a little bit. I also took another pregnanncy test and it said not pregnant. She called and I told her all of that and she said that I was miscarrying. I am terrified and so so sad. I just can't believe it. I will wait and see what all happens, this has never happened to me before. I wish you all the best with your babies.

I just found out on 9/17/09 that I was pregnant by taking 2 HPT. Went to the doctor on 9/18/09 and test was negative but took another hpt at work and it was positive. Took another on 9/19/09 and it was positive. Sometime during the day on 9/20/09 I noticed a white clot with a pinkish red center and then pink spotting. Ever since then it has turned into bright red and heavy with clots. I was supposed to find out a definite answer on 9/21/09 if I was pregnant. Well, turns out I was pregnant but my hCG was only 8 and my OB/GYN said I was miscarrying. PG test show negative now, but I guess I'm just hoping that maybe...just maybe...that my hCG count will increase and that mother nature is playing an evil trick on me. This would have been my second pregnancy. My first was completely healthy! My OB/GYN said I was approximately 5 weeks 3 days LMP. I'm sooooo upset right now and especially since the dad is claiming he can't have children!!! I haven't been with anyone else!!!

I am 5 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I have 2 children, 7 and 9, both very healthy pregnancies, no problems or bleeding whatsoever. I started spotting about 6 days ago, just a light brownish spotting, then about 3 days ago it got heavier, and bright red, no clots, no cramps. It's enough to have to wear a pad but the pad does not get full, it gets heavier at night and in the morning. I am so nervous, and do not want to lose this baby. Any info on what this bleeding might be? It can't be implantation bleeding like everyone says because that happens just before your period is due, and my period was due 12 days ago. I've taken another at home test and it said positive even before the control line came up, so that was a good sign. My OB appointment isnt until 12/7, they said if it gets heavier to go to the ER, which it hasn't, but what will the ER tell me, they can't save it, and I CANNOT go on bed rest!!! I'm the only one working... Hubby just lost his job :-( PLEASE HELP!!!

I am 5 weeks as well and I just started bleeding today, it was more red then brown.I went to the emergency room and they took my blood and said my levels were normal but to have them checked again in three days. I was told NOT to use tampons,have sex, and get alot of rest! Hopefully we will all be ok!!

i am pregnant for 6 weeks now..i am bleeding as wellm for 5 straight days now..with cramps..like most of you..i was asked to take rest and wait for the second TVS and have my blood check..although i was informed that it will be 50% CHANCES for the fetus to develop..awww...i hope everything will be fine..