I am a little over 6 weeks postpartum. Never breastfed. Stopped bleeding at about 3 weeks. Yesterday I had some light spotting that started out pink and then turned brown and now there is nothing. I have had sex but always used condoms. I also took a pregnancy test 3 days ago and it was negative. Is this normal to have a little bit of spotting when I had nothing for over 3 weeks and still have not gotten my period?

Hi honey! Yes it is normal! Actually what isn't so normal is that you stopped bleeding at 3 weeks! The uterus takes about 6 weeks to go back to normal and for any spotting and flow to stop! So as long as it is not pregnancy, I am pretty sure that what you just experienced is a mini period and you MIGHT get another one soon, or that will be it for the month and then a regular one next month! Just wondering did you have sex upto 3 days before this spotting?

Um...i dont think so...but i really cant remember.

Sorry i dont know why my reply says guest, but i did not have sex from the time i took the test until i spotted.

Ok! Good - I was just removing the chance that it might be implantation spotting! So I think this is it for your for this month, and a regular one should come on next month! Try to see when you ovulate - white discharge, stringy, cramp etc. This usually happens 2 weeks after the 1st day of your period! so IF you don't get another one this month, the take 14 days from the 1st day of spotting and then within a day or two either side you should be ovulating! Then you can judge that your period will be about 14 days after that!

I had that ovulating feeling about 1 1/2 weeks ago...so i dont think that was a period. it was only maybe a few drops before it turned brown. also with that pain 1 1/2 weeks ago i did have stringy discharge. i took another test this morning, negative. so im pretty sure im not pregnant.

Yes I don't think you are pregnant! Since your ovulation was 1 1/2 weeks ago it could be pre menstrual spotting OR it could acutally be your period! Remember after shedding your ENTIRE lining - with birth, when you have a real period it is usually a LOT lighter! And this would be about right - give or take a couple of days right?

can anyone help me? I am 7 weeks PP now. I stopped bleeding at 4 weeks. Well at 5 and 6 weeks me and the father had unprotected sex. It took 3 years for us to have our little boy. Today 7 weeks and 2 days exactly I had a pinkish tint whe I wiped... period? Normal? Pregnant?

I am the same as you and am worried I could be pregnant again could do with some advise my baby is only 5week 3 days old?

Did you end up being pregnant