i started having stomach aches in the middle of the night sometimes accompanied with nausea and attributed it to taking my prenatal vitamin with iron before bed and maybe not enough food in my stomach. now i'm having them in the daytime and i ate a couple of hours ago. i'm 7 weeks postpartum. is this serious?

Hey! I am having the exact same signs and symptoms and also out 7 weeks, what did you find out?!?

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

Hi....

I had the same night time pain(it was really severe) accompanied with nausea about 3 weeks postpartum. Thought it was due to some food issue or heart burn and had taken tum, etc and felt better after 4-5 hours.

Then when the same thing happened about 5 1/2 weeks postpartum the pain was so severe that I had to rush to the emergency. Doctors diagnosed that it's inflamed gall bladder and also gall stones in the gall bladder. The pain and nausea, they said, where due to one of the stones being stuck in the bile duct. They recommended that the gall bladder be removed - it's not absolutely necessary for normal functioning of a human being and only stores some amount of bile juice and removal might cause diarrhea for a few weeks after surgery due to the excess bile juice in the intestines. We went ahead with the laproscopic surgery and I recovered within 10 days.

I would also like to mention that this kind of gall bladder stones are common postpartum because of the hormonal changes and prenatal medications - excess calcium forms into stones when not enough fluids are taken when consuming prenatal.

So I would recommend that you go to a doctor immediately and get it checked. It's worth rather that go through the really worse pains.

Best wishes...

I'm almost 6 weeks postpartum, and I've started having lower stomach pain. I took a Tums a little while ago, thinking that it might be gas. My pain seems to be worse sitting down rather than standing or walking. Is this consistent with an infection? I don't remember this with my other children.

im 5 weeks postpartum and having bad stomach pains all around my abdomen, but no nausea or anything else, just pain. any ideas?

I am 3 weeks postpartum and have bad cramping when sitting or laying down in my lower abdomen. I am still bleeding consistently, but nothing too heavy. I don't remember having these cramps or length of bleeding with my son. They did have a hard time getting the placenta out, it took 58 minutes, and she did look it over to make sure it was intact and she thinks it was...
I went to the OB last week and they thought it was an infection since I had lost so much blood and my red blood cells are low but the antibiotics aren't helping?? Should I go back or just let it be?

I actually just experienced that and I'm 1 1/2 weeks postpartum. It hit me suddenly and I balled up in the floor and cried like a little baby. Lower abdominal pains that felt like really bad cramps that sometimes come with gas. Come to find out, it was an advanced bladder infection. Since I'm having all the bleeding from having the baby, I couldn't see the blood coming out in my urine. Any severe pain postpartum, don't be afraid to call your doctor, or even the hospital where the baby was born. You could also be hemorrhaging, and that can be deadly!!! Hopefully yours was an easy fix like mine!!! Congrats on the baby!!!

You could be experiencing small postpartum contractions because your lower insides are still trying to get back to their normal size! Before labor ur uterus weighs about 2 ounces and afterwards it will be around 12 ounces so within the first 1-4 weeks postpartum try and consider this! Best of luck to u :)

I m having same problem any idea what is it plz let me know

Did you ever find out what it was I have the same issue now I am 6 weeks pp with my 3rd child never experienced this with my other kids :( I am starting to get worried..

Might be ovulation