I understand that many people think they are constipated when, in fact, their bowel movements are regular. This means when some people believe they are constipated, or irregular, if they do not have a bowel movement every day. I know usually there is no need to worry, but I feel I have this problem. That is why I would like to hear more about this topic. What is actually constipation, is there some role to determine my condition?

Constipation is passage of small amounts of hard, dry bowel movements. It happens usually fewer than three times a week. People who are constipated may find it difficult and painful to have any bowel movement. Other symptoms of constipation include feeling bloated, uncomfortable, and sometimes sluggish. I have to say there is no role to determine if someone is constipated or not by bowel movements. The reason is that there is no right number of daily or weekly bowel movements. Normal may be three times a day or three times a week depends from person to person. Some people naturally have firmer stools than others do. At one time or another, almost everyone is constipated for a while, and that is something that should not make you worry. Poor diet and lack of exercise are usually the causes, and in most cases, constipation is temporary and not serious.