Few weeks I have a problem, but somehow I did not want to know that. I was trying to avoid defecation because of the pain I had. Then I noticed it became extreme pain during defecation and red blood streaking the stool. Since it was getting worst, I visited my doctor. He said those are typical symptoms of an anal fissure, so I want to hear more about it and possible treatments.

An anal fissure is small tear, or sometimes cut in the skin lining of anus. That is something that can cause pain and bleeding, as you have experienced. An acute fissure is managed with non-operative treatments and over 90% cases will heal without performing of the surgery. Bowel habits are improved with a high fiber diet, bulking agents, stool softeners, and plenty of fluids to avoid constipation and promote the passage of soft stools. You could also try warm baths for 10-20 minutes several times each day, which are soothing and promote relaxation of the anal muscles. Occasionally, special medicated creams may be recommended. If your anal fissure is a chronic, which means it is lasting greater than one month, it may require additional treatment. Depending on the appearance of the fissure, other medical problems such as inflammatory bowel disease or infections may be considered together with testing. A manometry test may be performed to determine if anal sphincter pressures are high or low. An examination under anesthesia may be recommended to determine if a definite reason exists for lack of healing, but your doctor will find the best treatment for you, according to type of anal fissure you have.

Try homeopathy medicines..they really work wonders

What specific homeopathy medicines?

Don't mess with an anal fissure. They are very painful and most of the
time will not heal themselves. Granted a good fiber diet and drinking plenty of liquids will help but over the long run will not correct the situation. The crack or cut in the rectum will not heal because the
spinchter (sp) muscle is always tight. It needs to be relaxed so the blood can get through and the healing process started. I had the operation, they put you out, cut into the muscle and relax it. The pain was gone right
away after surgery and the success rate is 95% or higher. Two things can cause an anal fissure. Hard stools where you have to force yourself to go or inserting something too big into your anus or not using any or
enough lubrication. If you use a lot of lubracation and it still hurts when
you try to insert whatever, then STOP!
Been there and done that.

does this cause constipation?

Get Nifidipine Ointment from the doctor... Once healed do anal stretching exercise of the 2nd internal sphincter or it will come back, they are caused by to much tension in the 2nd internal sphincter... Learn to find ways to stretch and relax it... Loosen up and dont be so uptight will also help...

I have had a chronic fissure for a number of years, and the occasional occurrence of piles. The reason was periodic bouts of hard stools and constipation.

I wanted a natural cure, and the following things have helped me a lot, to the point that the fissure stays healed and doesn't pain:

a) Passing stools twice a day. This keeps them soft, as the colon and intestines absorb less water, because of quicker passage of food through the digestive tract.

b) Passing stools the Indian-style (squatting) as opposed to the Western style. This reduces the strain on the veins and rectal passage. It makes stools come naturally without straining. If you have a western style toilet, then you can squat on sheets of paper on the floor.

c) Diet with lots of fiber daily - at least two high-fiber fruits (e.g., mangoes, tomatoes), dahlia (cereal/porridge), Isabgol (psyllium husk) and triphala (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triphala) are what I eat daily. I also tend to avoid processed stuff (like cookies) and fried foods.

d) 8-10 glasses of water daily.

e) To reduce mental agony, its worth noting that fissures, while painful, rarely cause complications and generally self-heal with soft bowel movements.

I really hope these measures help you fix your problems and let you lead a healthy and happy life.