Hello!
I am 42, female. For the past few days I am feeling abdominal pain while I eat. The pain is quite sharp and goes straight to my shoulder blade!
I do not know what might be causing this, my husband says it might be gallbladder?

Hey there,
I think your husband is right. Abdominal pain while eating is a symptom for gallbladder problems. I am a nurse and sometimes patients complain having pain behind shoulder blade, which is caused by gallbladder.
I must also tell you, you are in greatest risk group for gallbladder attack. Women are more likely to get gallbladder attack, stones than men (with ratio 2: 1) and biggest risk group are women in their 40 ties.
So, if I were you, I wouldn’t wait for a gallbladder attack (it can be awful!), but would as soon as possible visit a doctor.

I frequently get a pain in my left abdomen while eating (maybe only a few bites) and my stomach bloats up. I've had an MRI, CT Scan, upper/lower GIs, blood tests, ultrasounds, but they found nothing. Any ideas?

I am a 23 year old female who has been trying to find an answer to my problems.First of all I have been nauseated everyday constantly for the past 3 months.I have also been having chest pain,mid abdominal pain, flank pain and right shoulder blade pain.I have been living on sprite,water and plain toast.I am not able to eat real food.IF I force myself to eat non bland food I get very sick and vomit.I have had many blood test done,2 ct scans,hemocult,ekg,upper endoscopy ,liver ultrasound and an mrcp.The doctor can not come up with a solution and I am getting very frustrated and depressed. I have three beatiful girls to care for and its hard to do when I am sick all the time.My doctor said that the ct scan did show that I had a few kidney stones, but he told me that they were not the reason for my problems.I forgot to mention that i did have my gallbladder removed over a year ago because of gallstones.If anyone can help me please do!I just want to have my life back. -thanks

Desperate,

I was wondering if you found out anything. I am sitting here as a 44 year old female with the same exact symptoms. I've had all the scans except for upper GI work. I've had an ulcer before and this is nothing like an ulcer. This has caused my BP to skyrocket, which the docs have now put me on 2 meds for that. Let me know if you found out anything....

I am having pain near my left rib cage when i swallow food any advice from anyone.

I'm a 48 year old female. For the past two weeks, I have experienced pain and bloating all day, all night. My stomach was very tender. It hurt to button my pants. It hurt to sit up straight. At first I thought I was constipated and it would go away in a day or two but it didn't. I took exlax which cleaned me out and gave me severe diarrhea for three days. I thought I was better but the next day, the pain and bloating came back. After a few more days of the 24 hour pain, I started to eat less and less. I noticed then I would get the pain 20 minutes after I ate, in my upper abdominal area, just under the rib cage. Four days later, I finallly woke up in the morning with my stomach feeling normal.

I went to the ER at the end of the two weeks. They took blood, urine, a cardiogram, an x-ray. Everything came back normal. The doctor thought it might be my gallbladder or an ulcer. I had the same experience 3 times before 7 -8 months ago. Each time, it lasted a week. I'm afraid it's going to happen again and I have no idea how to stop it from happening. I've figured out that once the pain starts, that not eating eventually helps but this takes a two or three days to feel better. I need help! :'(

Any ideas?

I am not underestimating the intelligence of the doctors, however; my cousin who is a male was experiencing similar problems and everything they tested even came back fine. Even the stuff they give you to drink to test your galbladder did nothing to him. He continued having the reoccuring problem and finally he opted to take his galbladder out and has not been sick since.

Important Update!!
I had the same symptoms myself the specific location is my solar-plexus. That area is full of nerves that connect! By the stomach & the heart, hince why if you get punched there you can pass out! I got it from consuming mixed drinks, coffee, & eating a CA street dog the night I got sick. Worst combo ever but also I am 34 & basically have eaten what I have wanted for too long & my body is saying it's time for a change. For others with this pain they got, can you give clues as to why & your possible solutions. We are all not dumb & if we put our heads together we can figure out what it may be. What I read from the posts is that the doctors are not even helping. So we need to work together to find out possibly what cause this.

Did you ever determine what was causing this? I'm having a similar problem