Can anyone help me? I've been having this problem for about 2 months. Everytime I eat, I immediately get horrible stomach pain in my upper abdomin. I begin to feel nauseus after about an hour and sometimes I vomit. This pain occurs after eating ANYTHING at all, and even when I drink water.
I had an endoscopy, which showed that the lining of my stomach and esophogus are irritated. I've been taking on omeprezole twice a day but it's not making any difference. I also had an upper GI and a sonogram, but both came back normal.
Within the past 2 days I've also been experiencing a sharp pain under my ribs on the right side, but I'm not sure if it's related.
Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong with me???

I also should mention that after I eat, my stomach looks swollen and hurts when touched.
I'm a 16 year old girl who is usually healthy!
does anyone have similar problems?

Bump for any new info. I have recently started to experience the exact same symptoms as the OP

Sounds like it is possibly some sort of gallbladder attack or gallstone problem.

I have the exact same problem- and the pain is excrutiating!!! on omeprazole for 4 mths, have endoscopy booked in,lets hope they find out what the problem is- it is truly hampering my life, esp asi have an 8mth old baby....

I have had exactly the same trouble . And again all last night I was up with severe pain in my upper stomach and also lower down , with constant loud burping . I tried taking the Omeprazole the doctor gave me for a suspected Ulcer . BUT then I hit on the idea of taking a glass of MILK hey presto problem solved in about 5 minuets , This might explain that a very long time ago when I was back in the orphange in the 1950 ,s they gave us milk at bedtime , And we were all quite healthy then , So much for the current way of thinking that animal fats are no good for you !!!! :

it could be many things, keep seeing a doctor and have your gallbladder checked

Hi There Thanks for your interest I will ask my doctor to check my Gallbladder

I am a 73 year old woman. The first severe abdominal pain attack occured on May 4th 2011. My husband took me to our family doctor. He examined me and things appeared normal.He gave me paperwork to go and have X-rays and bloodwork and recommended a laxative which proved to be useless. Second attack occured on Sunday May 15th. I almost fainted from severe pain and vomiting. Husband called 911. Taken to hospital via ambulance. Administered pain medication during transport. Spent 6 hours in ER. Received X-rays, bloodwork, urine testing, And CT scan. Everything appeared normal. They could find no reason for the pain. Meanwhile, here it is Friday May 20th and I am experiencing another particularly severe attack.

This is in response to the original poster:

I have the same thing going on, and from what i am learning... it appears to be an ulcer  :-( I also have gallbladder problems, so am familiar with those. But those are generated from eating a lot of fatty foods, and what you are describing is ALL foods (like me). Like you, even water causes discomfort  ;-|  :$  I dont have health insurance, so am not eager to go get a $1000-$2000 endoscopy. But from what i have learned, an ulcer would be the most common cause of nausea after eating like we are experiencing. If it is an ulcer, i have read that cabbage juice, 3x/day will cure ulcers faster than meds. Look it up. I just want to feel better! This has been going on for like a month now and i really need it to stop! 

Hello Sunshine87..............I am presently having the same symptoms you mentionned and was wondering if you found what was the problem?

thanks

Hi have been having same symptoms for years,gall bladder has been removed,doc says hes stumped and hes good.dont know where to turn ?

Did removing the gallbladder help any of your symptoms?

Guest 73 year old. I have been having same problem. But mine has lasted 7 months. My pain attacks come every 5 days now. I have to to ER because the pain is so excruciateing. They said there is nothing wrong with me. All tests are normal. That there is nothing wrong with me. Well, there is something very seriously wrong wth my stomach and lower back. I am 63 years old and need to know if they found out about your problem. I need some help to get the right tests/treatment.

Pancreatitis and sphincter of odi dysfunction. Been there and done that. After having gallbladder removed.