I have been experiencing pain under my right shoulder blade which radiates to the center of my back, the base of my neck and sometimes over the cap of my shoulder and down my arm. So far, my doctor has done a cervical MRI, a bone scan and a CT scan - all test are negative. MEanwhile, the pain is increasing by the day - it used to be dull pain with unbearable shots of knife blade pain upon certain movement...now, it is unbearable shots of pain at all times with excrutiating pain upon certain movements...i don't know what I'm going to do if I don't get some relief soon. I go for a thorasic MRI on Saturday...in the meantime, the only pain relievers i have (Motrin 800 and Vicadin) are doing nothing to relieve the pain and only making me jittery!
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Health Advisor
Has your gallbladder been checked? Do you have any additional symptoms?
When I suffered gallbladder attacks, I had excruciating pains between shoulder blades.

Here are some of the related gallbladder attack symptoms:

* Moderate to severe pain under the right side of the rib cage
* Pain may radiate through to the back or to the right shoulder
* Severe upper abdominal pain (biliary colic)
* Nausea
* Vomiting
* Gas, burping or belching
* Attacks mostly at night
* Attacks mostly after overeating
* Pain will often but not always follow a meal with fats or grease
* Pain may be worse with deep inhalation
* Attacks can last from 15 minutes to 15 hours

I HAVE ALSO HAD THAT STRANGE PRESSURE BEHIND MY SHOULDER BLADE, BUT I ALSO HAVE DAILY HEADACHES AND MANY OTHER SYMPTOMS. DO YOU NOTICE ANYOTHER SYMPTOMS? THIS COULD BE R BODY TRING TO TELL YOU THAT YOUR LACKING SOMETHING OR THERE MAY BE A DIFFERANT UNDERLYING CONDITION. WHEN I GO BACK TO THE NEUROLOGIST I WILL TRY TO GET MORE INFO FOR YOU. THIS WILL BE 03/03 gOOD LUCK! SKEYES01

i do also have some kind of muscle knots.
I had a glenoid shoulder repair and its been a year and i am still recovering.
Find a good chiropractor, straighten your posture and make sure your face is aimed towards your neck. I have constant migraines that made my head so heavy i started letting my head tilt up. This pinched a nerve in my neck and my whole body went out of align. Also check to see if you are grinding at night and see if you need a night guard.

I see this was posted over a year ago. What has happened since then?

hello! i am trying to find out why my wifes shoulder blades always hurts on the right side. she says that it is numb most of the time and is always uncomfortable. she cannot at the time afford to go to the chiropracter as of right now but would u have any ideas wht would cause that. she has had her gallblader removed a few years ago but this didnt start till a couple years after the fact. we have tried a lot of different stuff but cannot figure this out. any info would be appreciated. thank you!